Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > CJ-7 > Isabel

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineVisit 1aauto.com For ShockTober Deals on Monroe shocks andAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Isabel Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep CJ-7 Next Jeep

Isabel

Email Bookmark Print
sarcasmo

Phoenix, AZ

Jeep Information

Year:1976

Model:CJ7

Engine:304v8

Transmission:TH400

Transfer Case:Quadratrac

My girl, Isabel. Still mostly stock in a lot of respects, a lot of work planned for her. =D

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

UKCJ7
View UKCJ7's Jeep
05-07-2010, 01:54 PM
A beautiful CJ7 V8~
What do you plan to work on? Any modifications, etc?

Mine is a 1980 CJ7 V8 automatic.
A "SheJ7" who has recently got minor mechanical work done.

sarcasmo

View sarcasmo's Jeep
05-07-2010, 02:40 PM
I'm focused on internals, right now. Dealing with leaks in the brake system and transmission. There's some bad rust in the tub in a couple places, so she's gonna get uglier before she gets prettier. The long term goal is to kit her out for trail support (my brother is a desert running dirt biker). I'll be rebuilding the roll cage forward and back, adding an overhead console to hold my 10meter ham and cb, and then building custom t-top style drop ins for over the 'cab', instead of the soft canvas top. For the bed, I'm staying as modular as I can, so I can swap out tool, fuel, and gear storage for the trail, with seats and tuffy trunk for home. I want to redo the suspension with TJ style coil-over, but I'm not 100% on that yet. A lot will depend on what I decide to do with the transmission and transfer case.

UKCJ7
View UKCJ7's Jeep
05-07-2010, 04:54 PM
update the forum with photos as you work on her.
that's quite a massive project, but not at all unthinkable

I'm a photographer as well but more in the line of portraits, editorial,
fashion/music.
Are you currently working on any photo projects?
You have a website?

sarcasmo

View sarcasmo's Jeep
05-07-2010, 08:33 PM
I'll do my best to keep the changes posted. =)

I do a lot of nature and scenery shooting, recently getting more into portraits and working with people. My site is here: Photography by Bill Nash. Enjoy =D

UKCJ7
View UKCJ7's Jeep
05-08-2010, 02:01 AM
Rockin Bill..
Here's mine ©2010 shootfromthehip.us

Those areas of the Arizona desert are stunning.
Though I don't dare take my CJ out there unless she's ready for the terrain.

After I got the CJ I took it out on a small trail near Yucca Valley, got stuck for quick moment and used the 4 wheel drive to get me out of a small ditch.
The jeep was fine and vowed to get a 3" lift, then I can take the CJ for light off
roading.

When you next get a moment I posted on the forum a technical problem I unexpectedly had today with brake lights. If you have some possible leads feel free to leave your thoughts.

thanks for the replies

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.