Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > CJ-7 > Hot Wheels

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!New Vendor - ARTEC Industries Battery Mounts

Hot Wheels Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep CJ-7 Next Jeep

Hot Wheels

Email Bookmark Print

INowUnderstand
San Angelo

Jeep Information

Year:1986

Model:CJ-7

Engine:258

Transmission:Auto 3 Speed

Transfer Case:Dana 300

Front Axle:Dan 30

Rear Axle:Dana 44

My First Jeep!

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

Captainak
View Captainak's Jeep
02-22-2013, 08:09 AM
Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

ivrider
View ivrider's Jeep
02-24-2013, 10:45 AM
Nice ride. Just getting started on restoring. Trying to figure what flair width, lift height, if any & tire size i want on my 79 CJ7. Any ideas! Would rather not lift.

INowUnderstand
View INowUnderstand's Jeep
02-24-2013, 12:15 PM
I wouldn't lift much at all. They are already bad on steering to start. When I need to redo the suspension I will lower it probably. Tire size I would go as big as possible with our needing a lift unless you need ground clearance.

jeep1000
View jeep1000's Jeep
02-26-2013, 09:12 PM
What lift and tires do you have? By the way, nice ride, hope you take it out on the trail!

INowUnderstand
02-26-2013, 09:29 PM
No idea on the lift. PO said it was a 6" lift but don't know. He did it all several years ago at a shop and is not a real jeep fanatic so he didn't really know the details. The tires at 31-10.5-15. I bought it turn key cause I don't have the time or space to fix one up. Won't be doing much trails, don't really know to many close or have the real time, but I'm not afraid of taking it off road. It will be mostly a cruiser, but I sure cant wait to put it through its paces to see what it can do off road

INowUnderstand
02-26-2013, 10:17 PM
Here is pics of suspension

jeep1000
View jeep1000's Jeep
02-26-2013, 11:21 PM
Not bad. It has a nice stance to it. I want that stance but can't find the combination. I'm not a suspension expert and frankly I never mess with mine, I take it somewhere but that looks like a body lift. Regardless, it's a nice one. Keep us posted! If you post it on the CJ forum, you'll get a huge response if you have a question about it.

INowUnderstand
03-03-2013, 02:33 PM
First off road in the new jeep. Not much just an old dirt road but its a start.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.