Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > CJ-7 > Cj7

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!

Cj7 Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep CJ-7 Next Jeep

Cj7

Email Bookmark Print
Joshrrr
El paso

Jeep Information

Year:1976

Okay so I'm looking to buy my first car and I was interested in this jeep that is being sold down my street. It is a1976 cj7 and the owner is selling it for 1 grand. He says it still runs but I actually haven't started it myself. The Jeep has some rust underneath the bumper and I think just mostly underneath the vehicle itself. It definitely needs a paint job and I would like to maybe put bigger tires and lift it but that isn't the necessity. My question is is it worth it to buy and fix? Thanks a bunch!!!! .

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

cwig12
View cwig12's Jeep
05-07-2014, 10:55 PM
At 1 Grand its going to be a fixer upper for sure. What kind of budget are you working with? There are a lot of things that could and will need replacing. Start it up yourself and give it a good look around and post up some pics. Also remember 76 models have narrow track axles so a big lift and tires will entail other things to be upgraded and throw off the center of gravity.

JonCorwin968
View JonCorwin968's Jeep
06-16-2014, 10:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshrrr View Post
The Jeep has some rust underneath the bumper and I think just mostly underneath the vehicle itself.
Rust under the jeep is a much bigger deal than rust on the body. Body rust for the most part is cosmetic and or easy to fix. Frame rust on the other hand can be structural. Best bet is always to bring it to a mechanic who can get it in the air and look it over top to bottom so that you know how much money you'll have to put into it.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.