Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > CJ-7 > Big Yellow

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineBrand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!New Vendor - ARTEC Industries Battery Mounts

Big Yellow Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep CJ-7 Next Jeep

Big Yellow

Email Bookmark Print
Jclilk
Registered User
Pembroke Pines

Jeep Information

Year:1986

Model:CJ7

Engine:4.2 6 cylinder

Transmission:T5

Front Axle:Dana30

Rear Axle:Dana 44

Tires:33 x 12.4


My CJ7 is super STIFF!!! omfg its unbelievable, you can't even shake it when its in a complete stop and going thru speed bumps is a mission .... Anyways, i was looking into buying Bilstein 5100 series shocks. would that be a good choice for my CJ7? and would buying shacle reversal help? and where could i get a nice 1 and cheap. please help!!!! and thank you!

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

row684
Registered User
View row684's Jeep
12-21-2012, 11:18 AM
Post this up in the CJ forum you will get a response.


diddy2003
Registered User
View diddy2003's Jeep
12-21-2012, 11:23 AM
I would think that your springs play the biggest role in how stiff the jeep is. If you want to keep it that height some OME YJ sprigs would make a huge difference. I would not do a shackle reversal. Not a fan.


GTNMUDY
Registered User
View GTNMUDY's Jeep
01-26-2013, 09:02 AM
Let some air out of your tires.

I run 33 x 12.5 on my 84 CJ7. I adjust the air pressure by making sure all of the thread in touching the ground. I run about 26 lbs in the tires.
This gives me a full tire contact and a softer ride.

Another area to look at is the springs. If they have been worked on and the bands are too tight they will not let the springs move when you hit a bump.

I removed and dis assembled mine, cleaned them up and put a coat of grease between the springs. This helped with the stiffness.

Nice looking CJ


79cj7amc304auto
Registered User
View 79cj7amc304auto's Jeep
01-30-2013, 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTNMUDY
Let some air out of your tires.

I run 33 x 12.5 on my 84 CJ7. I adjust the air pressure by making sure all of the thread in touching the ground. I run about 26 lbs in the tires.
This gives me a full tire contact and a softer ride.

Another area to look at is the springs. If they have been worked on and the bands are too tight they will not let the springs move when you hit a bump.

I removed and dis assembled mine, cleaned them up and put a coat of grease between the springs. This helped with the stiffness.

Nice looking CJ
Nice suggestion... I like. Like the post originator i tooI was thinking the same thing about the shocks. Mine are shot... do u recommend the bilstein 5100's or something else?


ivrider
Registered User
View ivrider's Jeep
02-24-2013, 10:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jclilk
My CJ7 is super STIFF!!! omfg its unbelievable, you can't even shake it when its in a complete stop and going thru speed bumps is a mission .... Anyways, i was looking into buying Bilstein 5100 series shocks. would that be a good choice for my CJ7? and would buying shacle reversal help? and where could i get a nice 1 and cheap. please help!!!! and thank you!
What size tires are those? Do you have a lift?


CJDees7
Registered User
View CJDees7's Jeep
03-14-2013, 04:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivrider View Post

What size tires are those? Do you have a lift?
The one in the photo looks to be sporting a set of 33's with a 2-2.5" suspension lift.







Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.