Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > CJ-7 > B11e

CCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSteinjager TJ tube doors

B11e Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep CJ-7 Next Jeep

B11e

Email Bookmark Print
Exctyengr
prescott

Jeep Information

Year:1985

Model:CJ-7

Engine:258 ci

Transmission:4 speed

Front Axle:Dana 30

Rear Axle:AMC 20

Suspension:2" lift

Tires:Junk

Wheels:More Junk

Armor:none

Recovery Gear:None - tow bar

Accessories:None

Future Modifications:Total project - being rebuilt

B11E is a totally disassembled but complete project. I will do a frame off restoration. It has 143,000 miles, with an 11,000 mile engine and clutch. As a now retired Army officer, I intend to make this as close to the M38a1 that I drove in the early 60's in Korea. (OK, OK, the M38a1 is more akin to a CJ-5 but you work with what you've got!) This will be more drivable and more comfortable than either the M38a1 or CJ-5. I will paint it the correct OD semi-gloss and it will have the proper markings for the era. By way of background, I commanded B Company, 11th Engineer Combat Battalion as a very, very young Lieutenant in Korea, '64-'65. Hence the name "B11E". B11E is all apart and the previous owner who ran out of patience, money and a place to store it, started the reconstruction. We have an Arizona rust free body that has been primed and is ready for paint. He did make some modifications to the spring hangars to increase the lift to more than 4". I intend to bring the lift back to 2" which I think will be easier on the drive system and look a little more like the vintage Army Jeep that I am trying to replicate. Photos, later, perhaps. Happy Jeeping!

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.