Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > CJ-6 > Cjsixer

*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Steering and more from Ruffstuff!

Cjsixer Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep CJ-6 Next Jeep

Cjsixer

Email Bookmark Print

CJSIXER
Salem

Jeep Information

Year:1970

Model:CJ-6

Engine:305ci TPI Chevy V8

Transmission:NV4500

Transfer Case:Dana 18

Front Axle:Dana 30

Rear Axle:Dana 44

Axle Gear Ratio:4:88

Suspension:Skyjacker 4 inch lift

Tires:35x12.50r15 Super Swamper SSRs

Wheels:Procomp Soft 8

Armor:Off Your Rocker corners and rockers

Recovery Gear:Warn 9.5XP

Accessories:See Description

Future Modifications:Another axle swap along with an automatic and Dana 300

The build up of my CJ was well documented on JeepsUnlimited.com as I was the administrator of that website when I was building the Heep. My CJ came out of Pennsylvania and it was originally equipped with a PTO driven trencher and used by a power company to lay cable. The Jeep had signs of originally being equipped with a half cab soft top. When I got the Jeep the front axle had been stripped of its gears and shafts and the Dauntless V6 was tired.

I tore the Jeep apart in 1999 and put it back on the road about 6 years later. The build list changed several times and now after having it back on the road for about 5 years I am considering another major drivetrain revsion that would replace the front and rear axle with a Dana 44 and Ford 9 inch respectively and replace the transmission and transfercase with a TH350 and a Dana 300.

Here are a list of modifications as it currently sits.

Frame and Body:
-Boxed the frame and reworked the front and rear cross members
-Replaced a considerable amount of the floor and reworked the firewall to fit the Chevy V8
-Cut the rear fender wells for TJ flares.
-Sprayed the Jeep with Flat Desert Tan paint and Rhino Lined the interior and under side.
-Installed Off Your Rocker tall corners and rocker guards
-Built a full cage with a sub frame to mount the seats to.
-Installed Mastercraft Rubicon front buckets and a rear bench

Drivetrain:
-Swapped in a Dana 30 front from a 1975 CJ with 1978 style disc brakes.
-Used the factory off set 30 spline Dana 44 rear axle
-Put a Detroit Soflocker in the rear and 4:88s in both axles.
-Installed a Tuned Port Injection 305ci Chevy V8 from a 1992 Camero
-Installed an NV4500
-Rebuilt the factory Model 18 transfercase with Teralow 3.15 to 1 gears, a Novak Intermediate shaft and a transfercase girdle from Tri County Gear
-Built a Saginaw Power steering conversion using a Mullins Saginaw 500 power steering box, an 87 Comanchee pick up tilt column, a Borgeson steering shaft and a Big Daddy Offroad HD Tie Rod set up which was flipped on top of the knuckles.

Suspension:
-Skyjacker 4 inch suspension lift with 1 inch shackles and a 1 inch body lift
-UBolt skid plates from JKS
-Teraflex YJ front shocks using Ford F250 shock towers, rear Skyjacker shocks.

Other mods:
-Kilby On Board Air
-Warn 9.5 XP Winch with Viking rope to replace the cable
-BeCool branded Spal fan
-Garvin Industries YJ Wrangler rear tire carrier bumper combo modified to fit the CJ
-Painless Wiring through out
-Newer CJ Dash with Autometer Gauges

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.