Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > CJ-6 > Cj6

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Cj6 Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep CJ-6 Next Jeep

Cj6

Email Bookmark Print

Freshiesat9
California

Jeep Information

Year:1963

Model:CJ6

Engine:Chevy 283

Transmission:SM465

Transfer Case:NV241C

Front Axle:D44 (Soon to have ARB)

Rear Axle:Chrysler 9.25 (soon to be D60)

Axle Gear Ratio:3.23 (soon to be 4.10)

Suspension:YJ Leafs

Tires:33x12.5x15

Armor:Custom Bumpers, Corners, and Sliders

Recovery Gear:Warn Winch

Future Modifications:Welded D60 rear. ARB Front, 4.10, On Board Air, 8 lug (D44) Front,

Just picked up this CJ for $1800 and I am excited to get started. It did not run at the time and I had to get a uhaul to get it home. After a few hours I figured out that the fuel pump was busted and that is why it wouldn't run. I replaced it with an electric fuel pump and it fired right up. So after the price of a fuel pump and a battery I got into a running 6 for just under 2 grand.

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

Freshiesat9
View Freshiesat9's Jeep
07-11-2010, 11:20 AM
Possible Upgrades
So after asking around and talking to my dad (who can pretty much find anything) i have decided that I may be making several improvements to my CJ6. First, I want to put in a newer automatic transmission like a 700R4 and a T-case out of a S-10 blazer. Also, I have access to Chevy 10-bolt axles out of a K5 Blazer. This would make all of my running gear chevy, and it would match the 283 v8 that I have under the hood. The only thing that I don't like about this is that I would have to change to chevy 6 lug wheels instead of my Jeep wheels.
Any comments about any of this? let me know... I'll take all the advice that I can get

Freshiesat9
View Freshiesat9's Jeep
07-18-2010, 02:14 PM
First trip out
So I went out for the first time with my new jeep to the Shasta washout. It was a Blast! I outdrove all of the other guys that I was with. Not because I was a better driver than them, but because my Jeep is a BEAST! When I got up to the turnaround point at the top of the trail I broke my front drive shaft while I was trying to turn around. I had to come all the way down the hill in 2 wheel drive. While I was trying to come down I had to try and avoid several obstacles that I would have just driven over had my drive shaft not been broken. One of those obstacles got the best of me and I laid the jeep over. This gave me the opportunity to test out my winch for the first time. After about a half hour we were back on all fours and making our way down the hill again.
All and all, it was a great day and I had a blast!
I still have to fix my drive shaft and pull a big dent

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.