Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > CJ-6 > Cj6

ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDThe NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.com

Cj6 Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep CJ-6 Next Jeep

Cj6

Email Bookmark Print

Freshiesat9
California

Jeep Information

Year:1963

Model:CJ6

Engine:Chevy 283

Transmission:SM465

Transfer Case:NV241C

Front Axle:D44 (Soon to have ARB)

Rear Axle:Chrysler 9.25 (soon to be D60)

Axle Gear Ratio:3.23 (soon to be 4.10)

Suspension:YJ Leafs

Tires:33x12.5x15

Armor:Custom Bumpers, Corners, and Sliders

Recovery Gear:Warn Winch

Future Modifications:Welded D60 rear. ARB Front, 4.10, On Board Air, 8 lug (D44) Front,

Just picked up this CJ for $1800 and I am excited to get started. It did not run at the time and I had to get a uhaul to get it home. After a few hours I figured out that the fuel pump was busted and that is why it wouldn't run. I replaced it with an electric fuel pump and it fired right up. So after the price of a fuel pump and a battery I got into a running 6 for just under 2 grand.

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

Freshiesat9
View Freshiesat9's Jeep
07-11-2010, 11:20 AM
Possible Upgrades
So after asking around and talking to my dad (who can pretty much find anything) i have decided that I may be making several improvements to my CJ6. First, I want to put in a newer automatic transmission like a 700R4 and a T-case out of a S-10 blazer. Also, I have access to Chevy 10-bolt axles out of a K5 Blazer. This would make all of my running gear chevy, and it would match the 283 v8 that I have under the hood. The only thing that I don't like about this is that I would have to change to chevy 6 lug wheels instead of my Jeep wheels.
Any comments about any of this? let me know... I'll take all the advice that I can get

Freshiesat9
View Freshiesat9's Jeep
07-18-2010, 02:14 PM
First trip out
So I went out for the first time with my new jeep to the Shasta washout. It was a Blast! I outdrove all of the other guys that I was with. Not because I was a better driver than them, but because my Jeep is a BEAST! When I got up to the turnaround point at the top of the trail I broke my front drive shaft while I was trying to turn around. I had to come all the way down the hill in 2 wheel drive. While I was trying to come down I had to try and avoid several obstacles that I would have just driven over had my drive shaft not been broken. One of those obstacles got the best of me and I laid the jeep over. This gave me the opportunity to test out my winch for the first time. After about a half hour we were back on all fours and making our way down the hill again.
All and all, it was a great day and I had a blast!
I still have to fix my drive shaft and pull a big dent

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.