Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > CJ-5 > Yet to be named

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Yet to be named Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep CJ-5 Next Jeep

Yet to be named

Email Bookmark Print
frank1268
Vancouver

Jeep Information

Year:1972

Model:CJ-5

Engine:232

Transmission:3 speed manual

Transfer Case:stock

Axle Gear Ratio:3:7

Future Modifications:beginning restoration

My Jeep has been sitting on my brothers ranch for over 10 years. I finally have gotten hold of it and am starting to restore the beast. Tips, suggestions are welcome.

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

octoberfestmike
View octoberfestmike's Jeep
02-18-2013, 07:11 PM
With any older jeep build start with electrical system. Older jeeps are know to have problems. Also check local junkyard for parts before shelling out money for factory new. Other than that have fun and don't try to do much at once

frank1268
View frank1268's Jeep
02-19-2013, 01:22 PM
Thanks Mike, good advice. The wiring I have played with seems brittle and in need of replacement. I guess i will fix what is broken and start from there. Any suggestions with the seating. When in the drivers seat the steering wheel is almost in my lap. There seems to be no room to move anything back due to the wheel well.

octoberfestmike
View octoberfestmike's Jeep
02-19-2013, 09:31 PM
Yes. I have the same problem in the 74 cj. But my steering is too high due to the lift. I've jisheng felt w it. Options I've explored is a tilt steering column that came in the 80s cj7

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.