Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > CJ-5 > Work in progress

Savvy Aluminum BumpersIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe RuffStuff "I can't go to EJS" Sale!

Work in progress Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep CJ-5 Next Jeep

Work in progress

Email Bookmark Print
wlo2000
Annapolis

Jeep Information

Year:1969

Model:CJ5

Engine:V6 225

Suspension:Stock

Future Modifications:Full Restore

I just bought this 1969 CJ5 with my girlfriend from a local here in Annapolis. He stated that the Jeep haden't run since 2000 and it only needed a gas tank and a battery to start. Well, after a tank, rewiring, a battery, and a new starter..it would crank but nothing. Then I decided to change the spark plugs. Once again, noise, but not even a kick. I then resorted to pushing it and trying to drop the clutch. Again, nothing. After being very heated and frustrated, I decided to push it with my other Jeep. At 15mph, I dropped off and told my girlfriend to drop the clutch. At Last! A big plume of black smoke and it roared to life! (the best feeling one could have after a few days of working on a not so "turn key" vehicle)! We drove it around very close to the other Jeep and were so happy to have a running CJ! The next day, we drove it around again, but after only a few minutes, it began to overheat. The thermostat appears to be accurate as the second it hit high, smoke started to pour out from under the hood. Now the problem, what could it be??? We haven't figured that out yet. But needless to say, this is between us, our 4th Jeep and we LOVE them!

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments