Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > CJ-5 > Pink Bull

Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank SkidTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Pink Bull Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep CJ-5 Next Jeep

Pink Bull

Email Bookmark Print

hedgero
Gulfport

Jeep Information

Year:1974

Model:CJ5

Engine:V8 304

Transmission:T15

Transfer Case:Dana 20

Front Axle:Dana 30

Rear Axle:Dana 44

Axle Gear Ratio:3.73

It's not pink now, but it will be. I bought this Jeep on Craig's List for $600 for my wife. The plan is to paint it pink with gray and black trim; no chrome, no stainless, all pink, gray, and black.

It appears to have had many owners and many mods, some good, some not so good. The goal is to return most things to stock or something close. However, it has a very heavy duty custom front brush guard. Welded to the center is a bull silhouette. The brush guard will be grey and the bull pink. On the hood, where it previously said RENEGADE (though it doesn't appear to be a Renegade), it will say PINK BULL.

To achieve this, I have already stripped it down to the frame. In a few weeks, I expect to be ready to start assembly.

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

hedgero
View hedgero's Jeep
05-27-2012, 10:04 PM
Project Update
This post will bring the project up to date. I intend to use this as a method to keep track of what has been done and when. Hopefully, when it comes time for re-assembly, it will also act as a refresher to make sure I don't miss anything.

This is a weekend project, so you'll notice that's when the work happens.

Weekend of April 14th, 2012

Removed hood, windshield, dash, battery, starter, and all wiring under hood and dash.

Weekend of April 21st

Removed steering column, pedals, roll bar, tub.

Weekend of April 28th

Removed gas tank, brake lines, brake master cylinder, fuel lines, and all remaining wiring.

Weekend of May 5th

Removed hoses, radiator and grill, fan, alternator, exhaust pipes, exhaust manifold.

Weekend of May 12th

Removed clutch linkage, drive shafts, and carbuator.

Weekend of May 19th

Removed transfer case, transmission, bell housing.

Took 4 day weekend for Memorial Day - May 25th

Friday

Removed clutch, flywheel, front pulley, vibration damper, oil pan, intake manifold, valve covers, rocker arms (etc.), and heads. Everything in the engine appears to be in excellent condition so far. It also appears that the engine has been disassembled before.

Saturday

Finally lifted engine from frame. I was not looking forward to this, as I do not have a hoist and I'm working alone. But I had an idea and it worked. I positioned a ladder right next to the Jeep. I then strapped a 2X4 to the engine. I placed on end of the 2X4 on a rung on the ladder and hoisted the engine off the frame by lifting the other end. I rotated the 2X4 around until I could rest my end on the work bench. I then lifted the other end to place it one rung higher on the ladder. This gave me enough height to get it on the work bench. I'm not sure if this will work to get it back on.

Sunday

Removed motor mounts from the frame and steering gear box. Then I finally got the front bumper/brush guard off. It appears to have been fabricated by a previous owner and it was both bolted and welded. And parts were welded over the top of bolts that needed to be removed to get it out.

And since it's now Sunday evening, this post is completely up to date.

squirrelly1
View squirrelly1's Jeep
07-18-2012, 09:25 PM
Looks like a good beginning. What year is it? I joined the site a couple a years ago and I'm just starting to use it. Need to figure out a bunch of things. Lol

hedgero
View hedgero's Jeep
07-28-2012, 08:18 PM
It's a 1974.

Weather and work have slowed me down. Since my last post, I've removed the frame from the axles. Getting the leaf springs disconnected from the frame was a chore. Had to cut one of them (bolt, that is).

I stripped everything off the frame (misc. bolts and brackets) and began cleaning it up. But I burned up my angle grinder wire brushing it, so now I take another break.

Will post more photos soon.

hedgero
View hedgero's Jeep
07-28-2012, 08:44 PM
Picture From Earlier
These are pictures from April. They are intended to help me remember what goes where when I start putting things back together.

hedgero
View hedgero's Jeep
07-28-2012, 08:52 PM
Pictures from May
I was trying to make sure I had the model information right.

Dana 30 front.

Dana 44 rear with 3.73 ratio.

Dana 20 transfer case.

Borg Warner T15 transmission.

hedgero
View hedgero's Jeep
07-28-2012, 09:02 PM
Frame Off!!!
The frame is finally off. Now the real fun begins.

hedgero
View hedgero's Jeep
08-05-2012, 03:25 PM
Moved to Builds Forum
I think this will be better in the Builds forum, so I will continue this thread there: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...store-1401694/

imnanas
View imnanas's Jeep
03-12-2013, 07:50 PM
I have a pink jeep, though no bull!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.