Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > CJ-5 > In over my head.. Lol

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

In over my head.. Lol Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep CJ-5 Next Jeep

In over my head.. Lol

Email Bookmark Print
gmaverck

Jeep Information

Year:1972

Model:Cj5

Engine:304 v8

I just bought a 72 cj5 that needs some serious body work and possibly some clutch work. I was told the engine runs good. Anyways, I am a COMPLETE NOVICE when it comes to any thing mechanical with vehicles. I have owned a cj7 and an 87 wrangler and they had no mechanical issues at all, i bought them already repaired. So I am no where near a mechanic, so I have two manuals (Jeep cj rebuilders Manual by Moses ludel and a chilton manual). So I'm sure I will have a ton of questions.
All I am really trying to do is get this jeep up and running. Nothing fancy. It's going to be my "beach jeep".. So wish me luck and ANY input would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks, Brent

Ps. Pics coming soon

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

squirrelly1
View squirrelly1's Jeep
07-18-2012, 09:42 PM
Seems like there's a lot of helpful people here. Just ask questions if you get stumped.

NoisySplatter
View NoisySplatter's Jeep
07-18-2012, 09:51 PM
Working on vehicles is a lot more intimidating than it is difficult.

As long as it's not your daily driver you should be fine as long as you keep track of all the fasteners and make note of any suspension or timing settings BEFORE disassembly.

Good luck!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.