Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > CJ-5 > Mjöllnir

Huge Soft top SaleAdvance Adapters SYE KitsCurrie Antirock, Currectlync & Lift Kits on Sale!

Mjöllnir Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep CJ-5 Next Jeep

Mjöllnir

Email Bookmark Print
Death_Eagle_571
Oregon, USA

Jeep Information

Year:1976

Model:CJ-5

Engine:AMC 304ci V-8

Transmission:Borg Warner T-150

Transfer Case:Dana Model 20

Front Axle:Dana Model 30 with Detroit Truetrack

Rear Axle:Dana Model 44 with Detroit Truetrack

Axle Gear Ratio:4.10

Suspension:Unknown

Tires:33/12.50" BFG M/T KM

Wheels:Ultra Type 61 15x8"

Armor:Diamond plate rear corner guards

Recovery Gear:Hi-Lift Jack

Future Modifications:AMC 360, 5:1 Ford T-19, Possibly Waggy Dana 44 front and rear

This is my baby, Mjöllnir, I named it after the Norse God Thor's hammer, I figured it was a fitting name hehe, when I got it, it needed alitttle work, the dip stick tube was broken off, the carb wasn't tuned, and the clutch needed adjustment, but it was pretty good, I paid $4600 for it, and its has very little rust on it, the worst of it being in the rear corner panels, but I plan on fixing that up soon, the only major issue I had was one day when I was driving home, I smelled burned wiring, and the engine cut out for a moment, then started back up, I pulled off to the side, and there was a fire under the dashboard, I'm glad I forgot to put the fire extinguisher back in the house when I put it in the Jeep one day lol, I put the fire out not once, but twice, the starter wire grounded out on the headers and fried the entire ignition system except the prestolite starter, go figure hehe anyway, I've been steadily upgrading it ever since, and loving every moment I drive my Jeep, and I know I'll have it for many decades to come!

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.