Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

help

556 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  bobby4361y 
#1 ·
ok so i'm new to the forum here it goes jeep ran alright but carb would crap out sometimes. so i baught a new 470 truck avenger and intake got it on, and put it back in time adjusted the carb with a vacuum gauge got it pulling about 19 on the gauge and it idles great and runs great if i slowly ease into the throttle but when i slam it full throttle about 1500rpm it sputters. so i took it for a drive just to see, and when i get on it from 1500 to 1800 it just spits and sputters. when i get past that point it opens up and rips. so i took it back to the garage and did a full tune up new plugs wires, cap, and rotor which is hei. and still does the same thing pulled my vacuum advance off and plugged the port to carb thinking maybe it was advancing it to much and it does the exact same thing. dont matter how i adjust the timing or the carb it still does it. im lost :confused:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.