Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > CJ-5 > Happy Again

Eliminate Hood Flutter!!!Thursday Savings BlastIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Happy Again Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep CJ-5 Next Jeep

Happy Again

Email Bookmark Print

CascadeCruiser
Edmonds

Jeep Information

Year:1974

Model:CJ5

Engine:258 I6

Transmission:T18

Transfer Case:Dana 20

Front Axle:Dana 30

Rear Axle:Dana 44

Suspension:stock

Tires:30x9.5 15

Future Modifications:Power steering, motorola to delco/remy alternator, winch, front disc brakes, tie roll cage to frame

I've missed my old Jeep and I'm glad to have another to tinker with. I've decided to add power steering to the rig and at the same time move the alternator from the driver's side low position to the passenger side high position and change to the delco/remy internally regulated alternator. I have gathered all the parts needed to make the transformation starting with the alternator. Of course that means changing out the water pump and timing cover - much more involved than originally anticipated but, oh well... Additionally, the intake manifold on my engine does not have the two mounting points for the power steering pump bracket so I'll need to fabricate someting or change out the manifold for a later model but first things first - the alternator!

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.