Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > CJ-5 > Gumby5

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Gumby5 Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep CJ-5 Next Jeep

Gumby5

Email Bookmark Print

howardholton
Costa Mesa, CA

Jeep Information

Year:1973

Model:CJ5

Engine:258 I6

Transmission:Unk

Transfer Case:Unk

Front Axle:Unk

Rear Axle:Unk

Axle Gear Ratio:Unk

Suspension:Unk

Tires:Unk

Wheels:Unk

Armor:Custom nerf and roll cage

Recovery Gear:Warn i9000

Future Modifications:Paint, rear hitch, security

Just bought this on 11/1/10. I have no idea about the mechanical details (please bear with me while I figure it out) but hope to have some time this weekend to dig into it.

1973 jeep cj-5, has new soft top, 2 bimini tops one black one tan. detroit locker in front and posi in rear, has complete roll cage mfg from 3" 3/16 inch galvanized pipe, same for the nerf bars. drop down spare below the ice chest rack, cb radio, stereo with amp. kc-lights on front along with a xd-9000i warn winch. 5 point harness.

The PO did some really neat things with the jeep - installed an electric air compressor from a cadillac with a hose coupler under the hood, hid the radio, built a mount out of an air chuck and rca connection to allow for a removable off road pole light to be installed, so that it was easy on/easy off. Custom brake lockers (an excellent anti-theft system for a couple of hours).

The paint is rough - he lived in the desert and while the dry air is not the best for rubber - nothing rusts. I sanded and painted the rusted areas last weekend wherever I saw them to deal with the rain at the coast. I will do a complete coat of primer this weekend and work towards a completed paint job (flat green with black highlights.)

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.