Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > CJ-5 > Crash

Year End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineNEW!! HMF 50"-52" light bar mounting brackets!!

Crash Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep CJ-5 Next Jeep

Crash

Email Bookmark Print

sblackmon

Texas

Jeep Information

Year:1976

Model:CJ5

Engine:AMC 304 V8

Transmission:Borg-Warner T18

Transfer Case:Dana 20

Front Axle:Dana 30 G2 Alloy Axles & SSBC Disc Conversion

Rear Axle:AMC 20 Moser Sonlid Axles & SSBC Disc Coversion

Suspension:Pro Comp 4" Suspension Lift

Tires:33" BF Goodrich Mud Terrain T/A

Wheels:15" x 10" Dick Cepek DC-2 Black

Armor:TBD

Recovery Gear:TBD

Accessories:TBD

Future Modifications:Completion

Practically done. Just working out some bugs and some touch ups.

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

74CJ56CYL
View 74CJ56CYL's Jeep
11-21-2011, 08:54 PM
Looks great! I am interested in putting disc brakes on my '74 CJ5. Curious about conversion and what you might use for proportioning valve, Booster/Master Cylinder etc. Let me Know how it goes. What size tire/wheels do you plan on using? Please put up more pics when you can! Thanks.

bluecat
View bluecat's Jeep
01-05-2012, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 74CJ56CYL
Looks great! I am interested in putting disc brakes on my '74 CJ5. Curious about conversion and what you might use for proportioning valve, Booster/Master Cylinder etc. Let me Know how it goes. What size tire/wheels do you plan on using? Please put up more pics when you can! Thanks.
It's looking great! I have a 77 and interested in doing the resto myself. In doing yours, did you opt for the wide trac axles?

sblackmon

View sblackmon's Jeep
01-06-2012, 11:38 AM
@74CJ56CYL - I used a proportioning valve from Morris 4x4 it is for drum x drum or disc x disc. SSBC sells an adjustable one, but they state that do not a different valve is needed. You can also go to http://www.inlinetube.com/ they have tone of valves. The front SSBC disc kit came with a master cylinder and I had a booster from when I did a power brake upgrade a few years ago. I got it from Collins Brothers. Good luck with your build.

sblackmon

View sblackmon's Jeep
01-06-2012, 11:40 AM
@bluecat - I did not go with the wide track axles. I stayed with the original AMC 20 rear and Dane 30 front. I did upgrade the shafts (Moser solid axles in rear and G2 Alloy in the front).

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.