Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > CJ-5 > Adding Rear Locking Hubs to a REAR Dana 44 for easy towing?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Adding Rear Locking Hubs to a REAR Dana 44 for easy towing? Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep CJ-5 Next Jeep

Adding Rear Locking Hubs to a REAR Dana 44 for easy towing?

Email Bookmark Print
SeeWAinaCJ5

Jeep Information

Hi guys, I'm a newbie to the forum, and just picked up a 75 CJ-5 that someone else burned out on finishing a mod/restore. I asked the previous owner what the process was to tow safely on 4 wheels. He recommended I put the T-15 transmission in 3rd gear and put both of transfer case sticks (Teralow conversion) in neutral. I made it the 50 miles home, then went online and found your forum. The consensus here in multiple threads on towing seem to say that it would be better to actually remove the rear driveline for towing longer distances (200 miles).. I really don't want to hassle that if there is another way. Someone on the forum actually suggested you could install manual lock/unlock hubs on the rear axle and then just put all the sticks in neutral and unlock all four hubs. I have Dana 44 axles front and rear. How is that even possible, or was the poster just being sarcastic? Seems like the rear axles are totally different design than the front. Any new thoughts on towing a 75 CJ without ruining the trans? Thanks.

Tags
None

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.