Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > CJ-5 > 74 CJ5 Reviction

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Building a Bumper?Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

74 CJ5 Reviction Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep CJ-5 Next Jeep

74 CJ5 Reviction

Email Bookmark Print
c0y0te8
Hutto

Jeep Information

Year:74

Model:CJ5

Engine:304 V8

Transmission:T15

Transfer Case:Dana 20

Front Axle:30

Rear Axle:44

Axle Gear Ratio:3.73

Suspension:Weak

Tires:33x12.5x15

Recovery Gear:10K Engo Synthetic + my trusty 38yr old "E" tool

Accessories:None yet

Future Modifications:Still putting it back together

She didn't look to bad from a distance he said. Famous last words. Every piece taken off found 2 more in worse shape. Didn't plan on a frame off but it ended up that way. PO welded over the rotted stuff and only had 2 bolts still holding the tub to the frame. Motor mounts were shot and had chains holding the beast in or it would have tried to climb out. Tranny had beat the floor pans. Well what was left of the floor pans.

Tags
cj5

Login Or Register To Post Comments

motordude350
View motordude350's Jeep
10-14-2012, 08:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0y0te8
She didn't look to bad from a distance he said. Famous last words. Every piece taken off found 2 more in worse shape. Didn't plan on a frame off but it ended up that way. PO welded over the rotted stuff and only had 2 bolts still holding the tub to the frame. Motor mounts were shot and had chains holding the beast in or it would have tried to climb out. Tranny had beat the floor pans. Well what was left of the floor pans.
What year? Just bought a 81 cj5. Its all coming apart to be completely restored.

banjer1982
View banjer1982's Jeep
11-30-2012, 03:20 AM
Mine is a 73. It's coming apart too. Getting rid of the ugly bumper, putting wrangler springs on and swapping out the 304 for a 360. Now if I can device on fixing it or the TJ up first

Attachment 516185

c0y0te8
View c0y0te8's Jeep
12-07-2012, 11:13 PM
'74 CJ5 is how it started out. Maybe a closer look to see the cracks in the supports for the tub would have given some ideas on the work that was ahead.
I just thought the motor was a beast and that was why they had it chained in.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.