Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > CJ-5 > 1980 cj5

ExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire CarrIntroducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSteering and more from Ruffstuff!

1980 cj5 Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep CJ-5 Next Jeep

1980 cj5

Email Bookmark Print

RidgeRat
Pensacola

Jeep Information

Year:1980

Model:CJ5

Engine:Ford 302

Transmission:T176

Transfer Case:DANA 300

Front Axle:DANA 30

Rear Axle:Ford 9"

Tires:35/10.50/R15LT Super Swampers Radial TSL

New Jeep on the register, welcome to my new toy/money pit.

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

32wildcountry
View 32wildcountry's Jeep
03-19-2011, 08:40 AM
rear end
hey im redoing my cj5 and hv two questions for u i see u put a 9in in the rear did u have to get it cut down to size to fit and what front axel do i have its original?

RidgeRat
View RidgeRat's Jeep
03-20-2011, 02:50 PM
I do have a Ford 9" in the rear but I didn't install it. It was done two PO's ago so sorry, can't tell you how. I'm not sure what you mean by your other question - "what front axel do i have its original". If you're asking what my front axle is, it's a DANA 30. If you're asking about gearing, I haven't figured out my gear ratios yet. I can tell that the gearing for the front and rear axles are setup correctly so I don't have any problems in 4 wheel drive.

If you want pictures of the 9", let me know. If you tell me specifically what you want to see (details), I'll get it.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.