Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > CJ-5 > 1977 CJ5 Switched to Motorcraft Carb, Great setup but a little to be desired!

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

1977 CJ5 Switched to Motorcraft Carb, Great setup but a little to be desired! Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep CJ-5 Next Jeep

1977 CJ5 Switched to Motorcraft Carb, Great setup but a little to be desired!

Email Bookmark Print
Kirks

Alva

Jeep Information

I'm curious if anyone else running a Motorcraft two bbl. on a 258 6 cyl has the same problems that I encountered climbing steep grades on rocky (rough) surfaces? My Motorcraft two bbl conversion seemed to lack nothing, that was until I took my jeep to the mountains last week. It ran fine everywhere except climbing a steep incline with a rough surface. It did great on a steep inclines that were smooth. It seems to me that what is taking place is when on a steep incline the fuel is seeking its level in the bowl and is near the point of sucking air, then when I bounce over a rock it actually sucks some air and sputters sometimes it will recover sometimes it will not and dies. On the side of a mountain is a bad place to have that happen I'm sure a few thousand dollars for a fuel injection set up would take care of this issue. Just wondering if there's any other jeepers out there running Motorcraft two bbl's have experienced this and figured out how to remedy this situation and remain carbureted? Kirk T.

Tags
None

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.