Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > DJ > Postal Pete

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!

Postal Pete Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep DJ Next Jeep

Postal Pete

Email Bookmark Print

Joepfenn
columbus

Jeep Information

Year:1970

Model:Kaiser DJ

Engine:134

Transmission:2 stroke powerglide

i just recently bought my second jeep the 1970 kaiser dj. i'm super excited to work on it. i already spent a week just trying to turn it on and now that i have done that it will run for about 30min max. im pretty sure the carburator is shot and the fuel pump the last owner put on it is to weak to keep up with the demand for gas the engine has(as low as that may be) a $15 fuel pump can't be expected to do a good job.

as soon as i get it running reliably i will completely repaint it add a passenger seat and rewire the whole dash so all the little bells whistles and such work well.

Tags
1970 , dj , jeep , kaiser

Login Or Register To Post Comments

JMonument
View JMonument's Jeep
02-03-2013, 09:28 PM
Sweet - I have a 1970, too. Mine is left hand drive. You have the chevy 4cly? I had to have the carburator rebuilt, too. Have to readjust it every month or so... The throttle spring stretches a little further each month and I can notice the slight change in idle.

I prefer the 69/70 DJ5 because it's the last year before going to AMC.

Joepfenn
View Joepfenn's Jeep
02-19-2013, 06:42 PM
Yea i the Kaiser-jeeps are much harder to comeby these days. to many people are willing to scrap a peice of history.

Yancyhinson
View Yancyhinson's Jeep
08-10-2013, 11:15 AM
I have a1970 dj5

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.