Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > DJ > Kaiser Jeep DJ-5A

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Kaiser Jeep DJ-5A Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep DJ Next Jeep

Kaiser Jeep DJ-5A

Email Bookmark Print
SantasTinker
Libby, Montana

Jeep Information

Year:1969

Model:Postal-Light Delivery

Engine:153 cc ?

Transmission:Automatic

Accessories:Roll Bar-Padded; Soft Doors; Receivers-Front & Rear; Soft Top; Hitch-Haul; Drop-In Pick-Up Bed;

Future Modifications:I want to make it a Woody

I have been driving this Kaiser DJ-5A since 1980 after it had been sitting in my Dad's front yard (under a cover) for ten years. It had been rolled by a Postal worker and then sold. When my Dad bought it, it already had the whole top cut off. It had no doors or tailgate. I found a Jeep tail gate. I added a roll bar so I could have a Bikini Top. Somebody gave me the soft doors and I made them fit after adding side steel panels from J.C. Whitney. I have a number of things and plan to do more.
Right now I need a steering box for this Right-Hand Drive Kaiser. I will rebuild it if I can find the right Kit. New or rebuilt boxes go for $300 to over $410. A bit high priced for me right now. If anyone could give me the information on getting the right parts to rebuild it, I would be ever so grateful.
Thank you, Alan Keen

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

conandj5

View conandj5's Jeep
06-04-2010, 07:42 PM
dj
whats up man my name's conan from ohio i roll a dj my self what panels did you get from jc whitney so you could have doors????? really really interested whats your rear end axel also have you done the 4x4 conversion or was it a stock 4x4

SantasTinker
View SantasTinker's Jeep

09-05-2012, 09:13 PM
Changing the motor from a 4 cyl to a V-6
Hi Folks, I need some help. I need to change out my current 153 ci 4 cylk engine to a much more powerful V-6 as I will be pulling a 18 ft travel trailer all over the west and I know I wll need more power. I have a great local Hot Rod Man willing to do the work in changing out the motor for me. He doesn't have a lot of time to research which engine/drive train I need and that will fit with out too much trouble. Someone told me of a Chevy V-6 that will fit right onto my current transmission, but he couldn't remember the year or model it came from Can someone please help find out what V-6 would be the best fit for my Kaiser DJ-5A with right-hand drive. I would like to head south before spending my 17th winter in my open Jeep. So please, if someone has the information as to what V-6 I should be looking for, I would be so grateful
I can be gotten a hold of using the following emai: ak47libbymt@yahoo.com or you could call ne at 406-293-2288 If my grumpy sister answers, please be nice and give her whatever information you have for me. Thank you very much. .

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.