Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Jeep Registry > DJ > Dj-5b

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Dj-5b Jeep Registry
Previous Jeep DJ Next Jeep

Dj-5b

Email Bookmark Print
jbr2002

Jeep Information

Please forgive my lack of knowledge, just bought my first Jeep and was strongly encouraged to look here for help. Mechanically I'm a newbie so I may need things dumbed down but I'm a quick learner.

Model 1971 DJ-5B, but the plate is dated October 1, 1973. This is obviously a right side drive formal postal jeep. Not street legal. Still two wheel drive.

My issue: just put a new battery in, cranked right up. Sat for 2 days with the key in it. Went to start and just heard clicking. Turned on headlights to make sure it was still running and it did still have juice. Went back out an hour later (yes I turned off lights earlier and removed the key), now there's no clicking, no lights, etc. Just a battery issue or something more?

Tags
None

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.