WTB: KJ Sanden A/C Compressor & Clutch - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > WTB: KJ Sanden A/C Compressor & Clutch

Jeep Gear & Install Packages!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4

Unread 06-02-2013, 07:35 PM   #1
JimmyFW1
1995 YJ Wrangler 

WTB: KJ Sanden A/C Compressor & Clutch

OK folks, as some of you may know from my previous posts, my A/C puked a few weeks back, and the clutch locked up the other day.
I bypassed the clutch pulley with a shorter belt & routing (as shown in a few other posts), and am now on the hunt for a replacement.

I'm not begging for charity, but do any of you have a compressor & clutch assembly in your garage that could be purchased for a reasonable price by another Jeep Lover.

My wife is disabled from having 9 different spinal surgeries & corrections over the last 2.5 years, and my Jeep budget is non-existent with her medical expenses. And taking her to her bi-weekly Dr appt's with no A/C is no fun. Like I said, I'm not asking for charity, but I am asking for some understanding Jeepers to help a brother out...

Thanks!

Unread 09-09-2013, 10:53 AM   #2
Rubes
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyFW1 View Post
OK folks, as some of you may know from my previous posts, my A/C puked a few weeks back, and the clutch locked up the other day.
I bypassed the clutch pulley with a shorter belt & routing (as shown in a few other posts), and am now on the hunt for a replacement.

I'm not begging for charity, but do any of you have a compressor & clutch assembly in your garage that could be purchased for a reasonable price by another Jeep Lover.

My wife is disabled from having 9 different spinal surgeries & corrections over the last 2.5 years, and my Jeep budget is non-existent with her medical expenses. And taking her to her bi-weekly Dr appt's with no A/C is no fun. Like I said, I'm not asking for charity, but I am asking for some understanding Jeepers to help a brother out...

Thanks!
Sorry to hear about your wife; must be very hot in SC for her.

My clutch recently started making a LOT of noise. The A/C still blows ice-cold, so I know it's the bearings and looks like some clutch material came loose right behind it. When I called my local Jeep dealer for a price on the clutch, he told me 266.25. But when I asked for a price on a new compressor/clutch, he had a re-man available for 320.25.

If you want to know the dealer name/phone, shoot me an email.

Good luck.
Unread 09-09-2013, 10:20 PM   #3
streetglideok
2005 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyFW1 View Post

Thanks!
With a locked up compressor and clutch, you will need more than just that to get it working again. You need to replace the accumulator, and the orifice tube. At the least a backflush of the condenser to try and remove metal ejected from the compressor. May have to replace it in the end as well. I'm warning you this up front, as I don't want you to fork over some money on just a compressor, only to have the thing not cool well, or worse yet, puke its guts out too. Then you're out that money that you really can't do without, and no cool air. I feel for you and your wife, not just because you're a fellow member on here, but at any moment, ANY of us could be in your shoes in a blink. So you really need to round up an accumulator, an orifice as well as the compressor, find a way to back flush your condenser then get someone to evac the system and charge it. There are some shops that have a charity slush fund for bad situations like yours, and can help absorb the expense. I know of one where I live(used to work for them) but I can't give you any advice where you are out there. If you were here, I would gladly donate my time to make sure it got done right at least.
streetglideok is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
a/c , clutch , compressor , kj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.