JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   KJ Liberty Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f28/)
-   -   WTB: KJ Sanden A/C Compressor & Clutch (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f28/wtb-kj-sanden-c-compressor-clutch-1531534/)

JimmyFW1 06-02-2013 06:35 PM

WTB: KJ Sanden A/C Compressor & Clutch

OK folks, as some of you may know from my previous posts, my A/C puked a few weeks back, and the clutch locked up the other day.
I bypassed the clutch pulley with a shorter belt & routing (as shown in a few other posts), and am now on the hunt for a replacement.

I'm not begging for charity, but do any of you have a compressor & clutch assembly in your garage that could be purchased for a reasonable price by another Jeep Lover.

My wife is disabled from having 9 different spinal surgeries & corrections over the last 2.5 years, and my Jeep budget is non-existent with her medical expenses. And taking her to her bi-weekly Dr appt's with no A/C is no fun. Like I said, I'm not asking for charity, but I am asking for some understanding Jeepers to help a brother out...

Thanks!

Rubes 09-09-2013 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimmyFW1 (Post 15511422)
OK folks, as some of you may know from my previous posts, my A/C puked a few weeks back, and the clutch locked up the other day.
I bypassed the clutch pulley with a shorter belt & routing (as shown in a few other posts), and am now on the hunt for a replacement.

I'm not begging for charity, but do any of you have a compressor & clutch assembly in your garage that could be purchased for a reasonable price by another Jeep Lover.

My wife is disabled from having 9 different spinal surgeries & corrections over the last 2.5 years, and my Jeep budget is non-existent with her medical expenses. And taking her to her bi-weekly Dr appt's with no A/C is no fun. Like I said, I'm not asking for charity, but I am asking for some understanding Jeepers to help a brother out...

Thanks!

Sorry to hear about your wife; must be very hot in SC for her.

My clutch recently started making a LOT of noise. The A/C still blows ice-cold, so I know it's the bearings and looks like some clutch material came loose right behind it. When I called my local Jeep dealer for a price on the clutch, he told me 266.25. But when I asked for a price on a new compressor/clutch, he had a re-man available for 320.25.

If you want to know the dealer name/phone, shoot me an email.

Good luck.

streetglideok 09-09-2013 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimmyFW1 (Post 15511422)

Thanks!

With a locked up compressor and clutch, you will need more than just that to get it working again. You need to replace the accumulator, and the orifice tube. At the least a backflush of the condenser to try and remove metal ejected from the compressor. May have to replace it in the end as well. I'm warning you this up front, as I don't want you to fork over some money on just a compressor, only to have the thing not cool well, or worse yet, puke its guts out too. Then you're out that money that you really can't do without, and no cool air. I feel for you and your wife, not just because you're a fellow member on here, but at any moment, ANY of us could be in your shoes in a blink. So you really need to round up an accumulator, an orifice as well as the compressor, find a way to back flush your condenser then get someone to evac the system and charge it. There are some shops that have a charity slush fund for bad situations like yours, and can help absorb the expense. I know of one where I live(used to work for them) but I can't give you any advice where you are out there. If you were here, I would gladly donate my time to make sure it got done right at least.

The time now is 03:11 AM.