windshield stains - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > windshield stains

UCF Halloween Sale - 15% Off Until Midnight on Friday!Jeep Wrangler Complete Gear Upgrade Kits with Installs andZone Offroad Body and Suspension Lift Kits, Brackets, Disc

Unread 04-01-2002, 03:22 PM   #1
Komzo's Ride

windshield stains

My new Liberty has alot of waterspots on the windshield. It was like this when I bought it as the salesman told me it needed a bit of windex. Although I cannot seem remove the stains even with CLR. Anyone have any remedies?

Komzo's Ride is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2002, 05:39 AM   #2
Gecko

Windex won't do it. Try Bon-Ami. NOT COMET, NOT AJAX - Bon-Ami, it won't scratch the surface. Get the glass wet and use an old t-shirt and a little powder. Start out lightly in small circles.
Gecko is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-02-2002, 09:32 AM   #3
JPCUTIE

You can also use a high speed buffer with some Work Out it is a 1500 grit cleaner used by prof. detailers. We have some here at the dealership I work for and I have cleaned all of my tinted windows with it as well and the windshield and it will not scratch but will remove all of the water spots. You can also use the red rubbing compound it will take longer and your arm will fall off but that will work too.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.