Windshield on Renegade - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 09-10-2006, 11:54 AM Thread Starter
Alexis85

Windshield on Renegade

Hey all, I just joined this forum and was hoping that, in addition to sharing Jeep stories, someone might be able to help me out with a question. I have an '04 Liberty Renegade, and I just had my windshield replaced due to a crack and chip on the original glass. The thing is, when I got it home I took a better look at it, and something doesn't seem right - there's no top seal on the windshield. It's just . . . glass. And for all of the times I've inspected and cleaned the windshield with the original glass in it, I can't for the life of me figure out whether or not something's missing. I could have sworn that there was a strip of some sort across the top - I never remember it just being raw glass like that, and I climb up there and clean it all of the time! The guy who did the glass claimed that Liberties made after 2001 don't have a piece across the top and that "that's how they are," and so now I'm just not sure - I feel like maybe I've gone a bit insane (and the thought that someone might have screwed with my Jeep is making me quite angry). I've posted a few (ok, six of them . . . but this is really freaking me out) pics of my baby with his new windshield - any opinions?

Aside from me thinking something was wrong, my father (who was there when I bought the thing and drives around with me quite a bit) saw it for the first time after the glass was replaced and was like "is there something wrong with that windshield?" before I even said anything. Sigh.

Thanks in advance. Pics at the address below (and yes, it rained):

http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n176/ardeo2/

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-10-2006, 02:48 PM
BVCRD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexis85
Hey all, I just joined this forum and was hoping that, in addition to sharing Jeep stories, someone might be able to help me out with a question. I have an '04 Liberty Renegade, and I just had my windshield replaced due to a crack and chip on the original glass. The thing is, when I got it home I took a better look at it, and something doesn't seem right - there's no top seal on the windshield. It's just . . . glass. And for all of the times I've inspected and cleaned the windshield with the original glass in it, I can't for the life of me figure out whether or not something's missing. I could have sworn that there was a strip of some sort across the top - I never remember it just being raw glass like that, and I climb up there and clean it all of the time! The guy who did the glass claimed that Liberties made after 2001 don't have a piece across the top and that "that's how they are," and so now I'm just not sure - I feel like maybe I've gone a bit insane (and the thought that someone might have screwed with my Jeep is making me quite angry). I've posted a few (ok, six of them . . . but this is really freaking me out) pics of my baby with his new windshield - any opinions?

Aside from me thinking something was wrong, my father (who was there when I bought the thing and drives around with me quite a bit) saw it for the first time after the glass was replaced and was like "is there something wrong with that windshield?" before I even said anything. Sigh.

Thanks in advance. Pics at the address below (and yes, it rained):

http://s112.photobucket.com/albums/n176/ardeo2/

The glass guy is right on. No piece. Looks like it would leak like a seive.

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport CRD
post #3 of 6 Old 09-10-2006, 03:34 PM
TJJIM79
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I took a look at a website with a pic and yes there is no strip.

However 01 Liberty??? I though the Liberty made its debut in 02??

post #4 of 6 Old 09-10-2006, 03:51 PM
jeepjeepster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KJjim
I took a look at a website with a pic and yes there is no strip.

However 01 Liberty??? I though the Liberty made its debut in 02??
Nope, you could buy libbys at the end of 01 along with a cherokee.

There is not a piece of rubber up there. I dont like it like that. If you are scraping snow/ice off of it, you can hit the paint and not even know it. Same thing with the windows in the cargo area.
post #5 of 6 Old 09-10-2006, 04:37 PM
TJJIM79
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Well buying one at the end of 01 would make it an 02 just like every other vehicle...right?? The next years vehicles come out in late the year previous.

My 02 limited has that piece. Strange...
post #6 of 6 Old 09-10-2006, 07:00 PM Thread Starter
Alexis85

Ay yi yi. I've been prowling around parking lots checking out Liberties' windshields, which is sort of ridiculous . . . haven't encountered another '04 Renegade, though (or '04 Liberty, for that matter). I definitely don't like it without the strip - the last thing I'd want would be to accidentally scrape the paint. Blah!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.