Windows won't go up and down. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Windows won't go up and down.

LOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, YuRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!

Unread 06-13-2013, 06:29 PM   #1
jbarthol
2005 KJ Liberty 

Windows won't go up and down.

So today I lowered my windows to enjoy the breaze. When I went to close them, one closed, but then everything just stopped responding. Don't hear a motor or anything. Swapped the fuze with the blower fuse, to no avail. Going to pull the door panels tonight when I get home and look over the wiring. Is there anything I should look at? Another fuse, some wiring in an odd place etc. I know that the one window I closed caused a sqeak when I was closing it, but figured that was from water in the channel.

jbarthol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2013, 02:20 AM   #2
jbarthol
2005 KJ Liberty 

Got the panel off the drivers side door but didn't find anything. Will try to get the rest off tomorrow, to burned out now. Checked the wiring in the hinge boots on all the doors, outside of light fraying no breaks on those either. Pulled up the center console and looked over the control module for scorching but nothing there. Will look as best I can in the engine compartment as well, time permitting.
Unread 06-14-2013, 02:35 AM   #3
Billwill
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarthol View Post
Got the panel off the drivers side door but didn't find anything. Will try to get the rest off tomorrow, to burned out now. Checked the wiring in the hinge boots on all the doors, outside of light fraying no breaks on those either. Pulled up the center console and looked over the control module for scorching but nothing there. Will look as best I can in the engine compartment as well, time permitting.

Most likely suspect is the "switch power window master" which is the main switch panel up front.

You could first swap out the 'relay power window" which sits on the Junction block which is the rear side of the internal fuse panel.

Also try remove this relay and jumper pins 30 and 87 together in the relay socket....this will supply +12 volts to the master window switch...if things now work then it means the power window relay is not being energized by the BCM which would involve some further investigation.
Unread 06-14-2013, 01:16 PM   #4
jbarthol
2005 KJ Liberty 

Having a problem finding a diagram for that junction block. All I'm finding is for the outside portion, not for the internal.
Unread 06-14-2013, 04:37 PM   #5
jbarthol
2005 KJ Liberty 

Found a diagram. Swapped the relays around but still nothing. Hopefully it's the switch. Called the guys who manage my 4 year 40000 mile extended warranty, and they say I should be covered. So going to try and get her in tomorrow, and hopefully it won't rain along the way.
Unread 06-15-2013, 01:51 PM   #6
jbarthol
2005 KJ Liberty 

Got it over in between storms. Bad news is that it was a mouse that had built a nest under the seat. So once again my extended warranty didn't cover it. Sadly she's an outdoor truck. Any recommendations to combat mice, out side of building a garage, would be helpful.
Unread 06-16-2013, 02:38 AM   #7
Billwill
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbarthol View Post
Got it over in between storms. Bad news is that it was a mouse that had built a nest under the seat. So once again my extended warranty didn't cover it. Sadly she's an outdoor truck. Any recommendations to combat mice, out side of building a garage, would be helpful.

You should be able to join the broken/shorted wires up yourself.

And get yourself a cat or two

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.