Window Squeal - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Window Squeal

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 06-13-2013, 08:14 AM   #1
PoundHipster
2005 KJ Liberty 

Window Squeal

Howdy Everyone,

Quick question about the windows in the KJ--

Is it possible to oil the regulator/mechanism that lifts and lowers the windows? Every time I open or close the windows, especially the rear windows, I get the fingernails-on-a-chalkboard symphony. Is it a matter of removing the door panel and shooting some oil into the part, or would I have to replace the part?

PoundHipster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-13-2013, 10:50 AM   #2
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Dirt and other junk building up in the window guides is the most common reason for window squeel.
Unread 06-14-2013, 01:50 AM   #3
Billwill
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkj2002 View Post
Dirt and other junk building up in the window guides is the most common reason for window squeel.

This^^^

I have fixed similar issues...not with my Jeep but other vehicles....by cleaning the guides and applying a light coating of silicone oil inside the guides....the silicone oil does help dirt to build up over time though so the whole process needs repeating.
Unread 06-14-2013, 07:33 AM   #4
PoundHipster
2005 KJ Liberty 

Awesome thank you!
PoundHipster is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.