Window Regulators - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Window Regulators

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughOconee Off-Road Free Shipping Lifts Tires Bumpers Tops andNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wd

Unread 09-30-2013, 10:50 AM   #1
Radiesse123

Window Regulators

Im getting quoted $350 for a window regulator on my 2004 jeep liberty. I was tld the part was $199. When I look on line it seems you can get the part for a lot less. this is not a dealership quote. Can anyone tell me if this is a fair price? It is the back/passenger window. Since I have owned the car that window has probably been used 5x- no kidding. thanks in advance for your insight.

Radiesse123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-30-2013, 12:12 PM   #2
chuck172
1993 YJ Wrangler 

You can pick up the part from rockauto for $80.00
My wife and I installed it, wasn't hard at all. 2006 drivers side rear window.
Don't let the dealer inspect it, telling you it could be a .25 pin. We made that mistake for $127.00 for nothing.
chuck172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-04-2013, 07:12 PM   #3
Silly02Jeep
2002 KJ Liberty 

Picked my regulator up out of a junkyard (car-part.com)...paid $50. Very easy to put in.
Silly02Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-05-2013, 09:17 PM   #4
AVR2
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly02Jeep View Post
Picked my regulator up out of a junkyard (car-part.com)...paid $50. Very easy to put in.
Junkyard regulators are likely to be the badly-designed factory ones that will fail sooner or later (I've had three fail in my KJ, including a factory one replaced under warranty by the dealership that failed again six months later). For another $30 on top of what you paid, you could have a brand-new regulator with improved design that addresses the inherent weakness in the factory ones.
AVR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2013, 04:08 AM   #5
jacky9j

My passenger side rear window had the same problem and with a lot of searching I found a few options. Since Chrysler doesn't see this as a safety issue, they'll be no recalls (not yet). So the problem is the regulator and from reading so many many complaints of people getting new ones put in and only after maybe 6 months it'll go out again. I didn't want to pay $300+++ for an inferior part and I wasn't going to drive around like that and wait until Chrysler stepped up to the plate. So I found the best solution for less than .25 cents and so easy to do. But the window has to stay closed until a better part is produced. Here is the link to the web page with the step by step instructions...

jacky9j is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2013, 12:47 PM   #6
olliehopnoodle
1982 FSJ Cherokee 

This is the best solution.

http://www.steigerperformance.com/dif.cgi?SP13001

They are not cheap, like $100 for each window. I did the passenger rear. Really nice craftsmanship on the part. Great instructions. I will do all of the windows and probably before they break.
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/agr box/Borgeson ujoint steering shaft/401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/np208/d44(aussie)/amc20(ARB)/BFG 35X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness,Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 slider bars/custom bumpers and roll bar/Alpine head unit/amps/speakers 2002 Liberty Limited Early edition - Basically stock
olliehopnoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 03:51 PM   #7
JBD

Quote:
Originally Posted by olliehopnoodle View Post
This is the best solution.

http://www.steigerperformance.com/dif.cgi?SP13001

They are not cheap, like $100 for each window. I did the passenger rear. Really nice craftsmanship on the part. Great instructions. I will do all of the windows and probably before they break.
X2 This is what I used to fix mine.
JBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-13-2013, 10:52 PM   #8
BobFromCO
2006 KJ Liberty 

I ordered my repair parts (I've had to do 3 so far on my '06) from http://www.autoandart.com. Well built parts and a lot less $$$ than SteigerPerfoirmance (who I'm sure also make good stuff)
BobFromCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 12:49 AM   #9
AVR2
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobFromCO View Post
Well built parts and a lot less $$$ than SteigerPerfoirmance (who I'm sure also make good stuff)
Steiger's stuff is made by Steiger in the US. They developed the original repair brackets for the KJ regulators, and inevitably there are now competitors getting copies made in China which they can sell much more cheaply than Steiger can.
AVR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 10:20 AM   #10
BobFromCO
2006 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVR2 View Post
Steiger's stuff is made by Steiger in the US. They developed the original repair brackets for the KJ regulators, and inevitably there are now competitors getting copies made in China which they can sell much more cheaply than Steiger can.
And...? I was pointing out a place to buy replacement parts that are better than the OEM parts and for less money. People have the right to know whats out there and make an informed decision.
BobFromCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-14-2013, 10:26 AM   #11
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Couldn't care less,almost 12 years and the same 4 regulators in mine
Unread 11-14-2013, 10:12 PM   #12
Jeepguy4276

Quote:
I ordered my repair parts (I've had to do 3 so far on my '06) from http://www.autoandart.com. Well built parts )
I used the same. I just did one on my pass rear. I was surprised at the quality and strength. I expected much less but thought I'd try it. It is a nice well made part that fit perfectly. It was very easy to do. I did the trick of bending the end tab down on the slide to put it on then bent it back once on rather than drill out the rivet. Much easier and faster and you can't tell I did it.

It really is an easy fix and cheap (can be). Simple tools and 1/2 if skilled or maybe hour or two if you're not. Just take your time and try it. It is pretty easy and there are tons of YouTube videos that walk you through it.
Jeepguy4276 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2013, 11:19 AM   #13
olliehopnoodle
1982 FSJ Cherokee 

Wow that is much less expensive.
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/agr box/Borgeson ujoint steering shaft/401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/np208/d44(aussie)/amc20(ARB)/BFG 35X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness,Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 slider bars/custom bumpers and roll bar/Alpine head unit/amps/speakers 2002 Liberty Limited Early edition - Basically stock
olliehopnoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-21-2013, 04:54 PM   #14
95BadBoy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I ordered my repair parts (I've had to do 3 so far on my '06) from http://www.autoandart.com. Well built parts and a lot less $$$ than SteigerPerfoirmance (who I'm sure also make good stuff)

That does look a lot less expensive !

FS or FT (2) JK Rubi 17" Moab Rims - really nice shape
Need JK Rear Spare tire bracket for project
95BadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-06-2013, 12:05 PM   #15
1ATony
Vendor
1997 ZJ 

We carry replacement struts and shocks for your Jeep Liberty. Here's a link to them on our website for your 2004 Jeep Liberty Shocks and Struts

Click Here^^ For a Great Selection Of Auto Repair Parts
1ATony is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.