window regulator solution - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > window regulator solution

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineDan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!GEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 05-20-2012, 08:28 PM   #1
JohnInVA
2006 KJ Liberty 

window regulator solution

With all of the trouble caused by broken window regulators, I was happy to find that Chrysler has made a better solution. They have come up with a repair kit, which cost me about $20 at my local Jeep dealer.

The kit, and installations instructions, are described in TSB 23-002-11.

The kit includes a new cable and lift plate for installation to the old regulator, instead of replacing the regulator. This is possible, of course, only if the rest of the assembly is intact. The plastic tube has to be good, and the motor etc. has to work.

I did the repair this evening and there was nothing particularly hard about it. The only snag was that a piece of the old plastic lift plate had entered the tube with the cable, and so the cable was stuck in the tube. I used the motor to move the old cable to where I could pry the old piece of plastic out.

I hope I'm not repeating something that's been discussed already, but I looked in this forum and couldn't find anything about this kit.

JohnInVA is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
regulator , window

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.