window regulator - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > window regulator

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChBill Baird Motorsports DIY parts - NalinMFG.comEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 09-25-2013, 05:08 AM   #1
chuck172
1993 YJ Wrangler 

window regulator

I've had my drivers side window regulator replaced by the dealership for nothing. It was within the seven year build date warranty.
My rear passenger side window reg. broke. The dealer said bring it in, we'll discuss it. Well, 120 bucks later they said it's the regulater and I missed the warranty deadline by one month. Price will be $450. to replace it.
They charged my wife $120 just to make sure it was the regulator and not a ten cent clip.
I bought a new, reinforced regulator and motor from Rockauto for $80.00, did it myself. Real easy fix. As a matter of fact, when the other regulators go, I know I'm good at it now, no big deal.
The dealers are a rip-off, should wear a mask and carry swords because they are all thieves.

chuck172 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 05:38 AM   #2
AVR2
Web Wheeler
1993 ZJ 

Interesting that you can now buy complete regulator assemblies that use stronger plastic for the bracket (the failure point) for less than the price of just the Steiger metal bracket. I've got Steiger brackets in both my rear windows.
AVR2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2013, 07:27 AM   #3
olliehopnoodle
1982 FSJ Cherokee 

I am in the middle of a steiger replacement right now. I have the door panel off and the window held up with a clamp. I just need a little extra time after work to complete it. SHould be today. It looks like a nice unit and the instructions are amazing.
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/agr box/Borgeson ujoint steering shaft/401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/np208/d44(aussie)/amc20(ARB)/BFG 35X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness,Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 slider bars/custom bumpers and roll bar/Alpine head unit/amps/speakers 2002 Liberty Limited Early edition - Basically stock
olliehopnoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-26-2013, 09:15 PM   #4
olliehopnoodle
1982 FSJ Cherokee 

I got it done. Dam, that is a total upgrade. When you compare it against the original plastic there is, well, basically no comparison. It's a little bit time consuming. The next one will probably go faster but the instructions are awesome and the quality is awesome.
82 Cherokee WT - SOA/SF/agr box/Borgeson ujoint steering shaft/401/performer/holley TA/HEI/BeCool/727/np208/d44(aussie)/amc20(ARB)/BFG 35X12.5/Corbeau Moab Seats/RCI 6point Harness,Hella Aux lights/tuffy console/killer32 slider bars/custom bumpers and roll bar/Alpine head unit/amps/speakers 2002 Liberty Limited Early edition - Basically stock
olliehopnoodle is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.