Why won't my rear door open? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Why won't my rear door open?

Bds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockRubicon express discounts from oconee off-roadRing & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, Ba

Unread 11-22-2010, 05:42 AM   #1
HialeahAngler

Why won't my rear door open?

any of you had this experience? I unlock with the alarm or the key, and when I try to open it, you can hear it lock when I pull the handle. wth is going on?

2002 KJ Liberty

HialeahAngler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-22-2010, 11:17 AM   #2
LibertyTC
2004 KJ Liberty 

You can search the forums under rear tailgate, door handle wont open etc. This is kinda a normal problem.
The handle it self can break a small plastic piece inside which requires the handle/mechanism replaced.
The electric door actuator can also get stuck and need replacement.
It is a matter of removing the tailgate inside plastic panel cover, and inspect it.
LibertyTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-23-2010, 05:19 AM   #3
HialeahAngler

cool thanks. so I won't have any problem removing the plastic cover while the door is closed? it's gonna be tight. now I'm going to have to remove everything that's in the back. don't even ask! lol.
Unread 11-23-2010, 07:44 AM   #4
LibertyTC
2004 KJ Liberty 

You may be able to get the tailgate open by removing the square inspection cover, did you do a search?
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f28/h...latch-953057/?
Hint push lock lever down.
LibertyTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-24-2010, 05:57 AM   #5
HialeahAngler

thanks man. I haven't had time to check but that link sure did help. I should be able to take care of this tomorrow.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.