Wheel locks for 2005 Liberty - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Wheel locks for 2005 Liberty

Bilstein Shock Upgrade Kits, Jeep JK TJ XJ Wranglers and CJeep Wrangler Complete Gear Upgrade Kits with Installs andStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 05-02-2005, 04:55 PM   #1
Mlots

Wheel locks for 2005 Liberty

I ordered a 2005 Liberty, last week, and I'm confused if they come with wheel locks, from what I've been hearing. Do the new KJ's come with wheel locks. And what about the spare? Any lock included for the spare?

Mlots is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2005, 05:44 PM   #2
dizzy1

Lock lugs do not come with the Liberty, however Mopar does make them for the Liberty and they do come with 5 lugs..i think they are $25-$30.
dizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2005, 12:26 PM   #3
02limited

Way back in '02 they were included in the security group.

'02 Liberty Limited - Patriot Blue
02limited is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2005, 01:24 PM   #4
Lab Hauler
2007 KJ Liberty 

I think it might depend upon the specific dealership. My 2005 Liberty came with a set of wheel locks (one for each road wheel and one for the spare tire). We have a 2005 Liberty Sport with aluminum rims. My mother-in-law purchased a base 2004 Liberty Sport from that same dealer with steel rims and also received the wheel locks. There was nothing added to either Mulroney Label (window sticker), nor was their an andendum to the sticker and we were not charged for them at the time of the sale.

Lab Hauler
Lab Hauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2005, 08:58 PM   #5
madmanfrommars

My liberty didn't even come with floor mats. Had to yell at the dealer to get them.
madmanfrommars is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2005, 01:43 PM   #6
cmotsvt

Wheel locks are baloney. Especially bad when the "key" breaks and you have to go to a shop and have them removed. FYI they sell a tool that is designed to remove these locks, its a left hand threaded deal that bites them. People dont realize thieves can buy these "sockets" with no questions asked.
cmotsvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2005, 07:29 PM   #7
b1gfella

Wheel locks are only to prevent "casual" thieves. If someone really wants your wheels they can take them. Like the old saying goes, locks are to keep honest people honest.

The fact is with that rear mounted spare tire the majority of the thefts will be those casual thieves (I call them crack heads) looking to sell the wheel/rim to get some easy cash. Where I worked a few years ago had almost evey rear mounted spare in the lot stolen within a week period until the thief got stupid and tried to steal one right by the building. They saw him and had the police come over and take him away. He was stealing them and selling them for drug money...

btw he did not steal any with wheel locks on them...
2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi
2005 Jeep Liberty Limited

Webmaster for:
http://www.electra225.com
http://www.socalgs.com
http://www.sdbca.org/sdbca
b1gfella is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.