Wheel compatibility for an '03 Liberty Limited - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Wheel compatibility for an '03 Liberty Limited

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Steinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 03-01-2008, 09:58 AM   #1
Bluebell
2003 KJ Liberty 

Wheel compatibility for an '03 Liberty Limited

I recently got rid of an old Cherokee and got an '03 Liberty Limited. I'm sure this has been discussed but I did a search and came up empty.

What other Jeep wheels will fit an '03 Liberty without having to get things like adapters, spacers, etc.? I'm not concerned about things like wheel width or height because I should be able to figure that out myself. My question centers around the lug pattern.

Based on some preliminary research, it looks like some Grand Cherokee wheels are a direct fit (i.e. no mods needed.) What's throwing me off is I know I've seen both Grand Cherokee and Wrangler wheels on Cherokees yet I'm pretty sure Wrangler wheels are not a direct bolt-on to a Liberty.

I've also seen some info indicating Commander wheels are a direct bolt-on to Liberties. Also, since the Dodge Nitro is so similar to the Liberty, what about Nitro wheels? Or Patriot or Compass wheels?

Pardon all the questions, but I'd really like to know. Thank you.

Bluebell is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-01-2008, 12:19 PM   #2
LoneLiberty
2004 KJ Liberty 

Lug pattern is 5 on 4.5, 16X7 with 5.5" back spacing.
Unread 03-02-2008, 06:49 PM   #3
rustym38a1

1953 M-38 

Remember you have a 5 on 4.5" bolt pattern. You may run into brake gap tolerances between the rim and the brake caliper if you try to install a 15" wheel. The only Wrangler wheel that would fit would be from the Rubicon(16").

There was also a couple of Cherokee wheels, the Icon from 2000 and the Ultra Star from 2001 that were 16" and would fit.

I put a set of ZJ Grand Cherokee (93-98) 16" wheels called Luxury on my daughters 02 with no problems. The WJ Grand (99-2004)switched to a 5 on 5" bolt pattern along with the new Grands and Commanders.
They won't work.
97 Wrangler SE TJ- This is our Trail Jeep. Yukon 4.88's, Powertrax Locker, 32" BFG KM2 tires, XRC/8 winch
53 Willys M38a1- Restored w/50cal Browning M2HB & 53 M100 1/4 ton Trailer fully loaded with gear!
13 Grand Cherokee Laredo WK2- company car

Last edited by rustym38a1; 03-07-2008 at 06:41 AM..
rustym38a1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2008, 08:10 PM   #4
Bluebell
2003 KJ Liberty 

Wow! Thanks for all that info!
Bluebell is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.