What's the difference between KK and KJ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > What's the difference between KK and KJ?

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Reply
Unread 06-21-2009, 10:09 AM   #1
rxmxsh
Registered User
2006 KJ Liberty 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Foothill Ranch, CA
Posts: 37
What's the difference between KK and KJ?

Hello -

Total n00b here. I just bought a 2006 Liberty on Friday 6/19. So far, we love it. I do need to get some OEM floor mats, the cargo cover for the trunk, etc... some random things. My question is - what is the difference between KK and KJ - and how do I know which is mine?

Also - where can I order a user's manual for my Jeep?

Thanks in advance.

-Ramesh

rxmxsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2009, 10:21 AM   #2
jeeplibby1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Leander
Posts: 172
First, welcome to the forum. I believe that a KJ is from 2002-2007 and a KK is 2008 and above. Somebody will chime in if I am wrong. I am sure, though, that you have a KJ. As for the Owners Manual, the link is currently not working for the 2006. I will give it to you anyways so you can try again later. I also added the 2007 manual. Should be similar.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/2626873/Je...-Owners-Manual

http://www.scribd.com/doc/2626885/Je...-Owners-Manual

These have a lot of repair info. They are for 2002, but should be similar. Service manuals: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f28/liberty-service-manuals-801654/

Floor mats: http://www.jeep4x4center.com/jeep-fl...ry/liberty.htm

Enjoy your new Liberty.

Last edited by jeeplibby1; 06-21-2009 at 10:34 AM..
jeeplibby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2009, 10:22 AM   #3
OhsixKJ
Registered User
2010 XK Commander 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: port orchard wa
Posts: 8
you have a kj, the kk are the '08's and up, the square looking ones, just do a search fo 06 liberty floor mats, there is no haynes or chilton's for the 06-07 kj's and I doubt they'll make them.
OhsixKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2009, 10:28 AM   #4
rxmxsh
Registered User
2006 KJ Liberty 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Foothill Ranch, CA
Posts: 37
Thanks, for the response, guys. What's Haynes and Chilton's?
rxmxsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2009, 10:31 AM   #5
jeeplibby1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Leander
Posts: 172
They are repair manuals. I haven't seen one available yet. I just edited my above post to include the service manuals that can help you diagnose and repair some items.
jeeplibby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2009, 10:31 AM   #6
rxmxsh
Registered User
2006 KJ Liberty 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Foothill Ranch, CA
Posts: 37
Awesome, thank you so much. I'm in a whole new world here.
rxmxsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2009, 10:33 AM   #7
jeeplibby1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Leander
Posts: 172
People have helped me alot on this site. Trying to return the favor.
jeeplibby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2009, 03:01 PM   #8
LoneLiberty
Registered User
2004 KJ Liberty 
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by rxmxsh View Post
Hello -

Total n00b here. I just bought a 2006 Liberty on Friday 6/19. So far, we love it. I do need to get some OEM floor mats, the cargo cover for the trunk, etc... some random things. My question is - what is the difference between KK and KJ - and how do I know which is mine?

Also - where can I order a user's manual for my Jeep?

Thanks in advance.

-Ramesh
Open the glove box and look up, there is a shelf there and is where the owners manual is stored.
__________________
Slightly Modified O4 Liberty LTD
Pix/Mods:http://www.cardomain.com/ride/531173
LoneLiberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2009, 04:28 PM   #9
rxmxsh
Registered User
2006 KJ Liberty 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Foothill Ranch, CA
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneLiberty View Post
Open the glove box and look up, there is a shelf there and is where the owners manual is stored.
I laughed out loud when I read this. I had NO idea there was a shelf there. I have to order a manual, the Jeep didn't come with one...
rxmxsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2009, 12:07 PM   #10
OhsixKJ
Registered User
2010 XK Commander 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: port orchard wa
Posts: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeeplibby1 View Post
First, welcome to the forum. I believe that a KJ is from 2002-2007 and a KK is 2008 and above. Somebody will chime in if I am wrong. I am sure, though, that you have a KJ. As for the Owners Manual, the link is currently not working for the 2006. I will give it to you anyways so you can try again later. I also added the 2007 manual. Should be similar.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/2626873/Je...-Owners-Manual

http://www.scribd.com/doc/2626885/Je...-Owners-Manual

These have a lot of repair info. They are for 2002, but should be similar. Service manuals: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=801654

Floor mats: http://www.jeep4x4center.com/jeep-fl...ry/liberty.htm

Enjoy your new Liberty.
do you think the 02-04 haynes manual would be useful for an 06?
OhsixKJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-22-2009, 03:21 PM   #11
jeeplibby1
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Leander
Posts: 172
I think they should be pretty close if not exact. Not 100% sure though.
jeeplibby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.