What'd you do to your KJ today? - Page 39 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > What'd you do to your KJ today?

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 05-01-2014, 05:52 PM   #571
adamson904
2006 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango_USMC
and some new bumpers.
what kind of bumpers?

adamson904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2014, 03:12 AM   #572
Durango_USMC
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamson904 View Post
what kind of bumpers?
Ive been looking at the ARB bullbar up front and the Rock Lizard heavy duty Komodo Dragon rear bumper. Then start with the other underbelly stuff (sliders skid plates etc...)
Durango_USMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2014, 05:56 AM   #573
adamson904
2006 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango_USMC
Ive been looking at the ARB bullbar up front and the Rock Lizard heavy duty Komodo Dragon rear bumper. Then start with the other underbelly stuff (sliders skid plates etc...)
yeah those are some serious bumpers and the only way to go for KJs
adamson904 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2014, 01:09 PM   #574
brendanc
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango_USMC View Post
Why the ARB? Rock Lizard has a front bumper that's pretty awesome too. Mine should be finished soon (ordered mid-April) and I can't wait to get it powder coated and put on.
Unread 05-02-2014, 03:05 PM   #575
Durango_USMC
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanc View Post
Why the ARB? Rock Lizard has a front bumper that's pretty awesome too. Mine should be finished soon (ordered mid-April) and I can't wait to get it powder coated and put on.
Not really any other reason than I think the ARB looks a little cleaner and is a one piece construction. Rock Lizard makes some great products and I look forward to using many of their products in the future but I think Im going to go with the ARB up front.
Unread 05-02-2014, 04:11 PM   #576
brendanc
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Not really any other reason than I think the ARB looks a little cleaner and is a one piece construction. Rock Lizard makes some great products and I look forward to using many of their products in the future but I think Im going to go with the ARB up front.
Ah. I really like that the Rock Lizard one is 3 pieces, because if some ****ing teenager in her parents' BMW X5 backs into my (parked) KJ again, I would be livid having to replace the whole damn thing.
Unread 05-02-2014, 04:31 PM   #577
John317

Lol Believe me I don't think youd have to replace the ARB . According to the previous owner - 4 deer, 1 Camry, and the one that did damage an old PU. But just a little work a smidgen of bondo and some paint and still looking good.

He hasn't tested his new RL out yet so I cant report on it. Lol
image-3216476286.jpg

John317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-02-2014, 06:10 PM   #578
Durango_USMC
2002 KJ Liberty 

John3117,

That was another reason for looking at the ARB, Im planning to move back to an area that has a lot of medium to large game animals. Everything from deer to bear to elk to moose is on the list of critters that will likely end up on the roadway in winter. Ive been thoroughly impressed with the ARB durability and really like the looks. Also dont have to deal with finding someone to powder coat it (the right way the first time) and Ive noticed when I bolt things together they dont seem to look as pictured lol.

But I dont want this to turn into a Rock Lizard vs ARB thread. They both make some seriously awesome products Im going to have to do a lot of penny pinching to make happen.
Unread 05-13-2014, 01:27 PM   #579
KLT88YJ
1988 YJ Wrangler 

Replaced my 12 year old, falling apart exhaust, with the Flowmaster Stainless Steel Exhaust. Overall construction and fit is great! The "rumble" is quite as good as the 40 Series I had in before.
KLT88YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2014, 11:12 AM   #580
TheBrandyMan
2005 KJ Liberty 

OME rear shocks and 1.5" Spidertrax wheel spacers, Rest of lift is going in tonight!
TheBrandyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2014, 01:49 PM   #581
red2black00
2000 WJ 

Changed the plugs!
red2black00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2014, 03:47 PM   #582
Franki3B
2005 KJ Liberty 

Changed brake pads and rotors.
Purchased two new tires.

Coming Soon:
Change shocks and struts.
Purchase two more tires.
Get alignment
Replace hood and rear glass shocks.
Franki3B is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2014, 03:59 PM   #583
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
John3117,

That was another reason for looking at the ARB, Im planning to move back to an area that has a lot of medium to large game animals. Everything from deer to bear to elk to moose is on the list of critters that will likely end up on the roadway in winter. Ive been thoroughly impressed with the ARB durability and really like the looks. Also dont have to deal with finding someone to powder coat it (the right way the first time) and Ive noticed when I bolt things together they dont seem to look as pictured lol.

But I dont want this to turn into a Rock Lizard vs ARB thread. They both make some seriously awesome products Im going to have to do a lot of penny pinching to make happen.
Powder coating is overrated on bumpers, my old ARB that John has was of course powder coated from the factory, it was starting to come off in spots before it was two years old . IMO just paint a bumper and be done OF course my RL front bumper cam powder coated but .....
Unread 05-14-2014, 11:20 PM   #584
ricci2424
2005 KJ Liberty 

Finally got a rack for my baby. For camping and everything else that's needed.
new-20rack.jpg  
ricci2424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2014, 05:31 PM   #585
TrickyTricky

Took my kj to play in the lake yesterday. It was the first time I personally had her off road and I was really impressed and proud of my libby!
TrickyTricky is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.