What'd you do to your KJ today? - Page 34 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > What'd you do to your KJ today?

BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 11-16-2013, 10:05 PM   #496
Jamans
2005 KJ Liberty 

Changed out my 2nd radiator today. My original and my 1st replacement were from the dealer. I paid less than half this time from a local radiator dealer. If it lasts more than 3 years I'd call it a deal.

Jamans is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-16-2013, 11:41 PM   #497
blackvyper
2002 KJ Liberty 

I removed every interior and exterior LED light, headrest DVD players, rear view video camera and the DVD head unit. I then drove it until the gas light came on and sold it to the 3rd person who dropped by to see it. 'Juggernaut' has been decommissioned. Now I've put 'Crankcase' into service. I'll miss my KJ though, but at least we drove through Switzerland on vacation before the end. The aforementioned parts are now in my Nitro with the exception of the head unit, which didn't fit.
1384666732427.jpg

1384666745573.jpg

1384666758160.jpg

Unread 11-17-2013, 10:52 AM   #498
cbarnes
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetglideok
How is it for rubbing? I'll be doing a spring change on mine for the lift, but I'm planning to run 31x10.5 on 15x7 wheels here.

It rubs abit on the front fender liners near the back when it's lock to lock but that's it. All I have to do is cut them down and it won't rub at all.
The rims are backspaced a lot and they are half covering the calipers so that helps as well.
cbarnes is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-17-2013, 11:19 AM   #499
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbarnes View Post
It rubs abit on the front fender liners near the back when it's lock to lock but that's it. All I have to do is cut them down and it won't rub at all.
The rims are backspaced a lot and they are half covering the calipers so that helps as well.
How high are you sitting middle of the wheel to bottom of the flare, with a Daystar lift and weak sagged springs that will be a lot different than a full spring lift, With a daystar should of stayed with a 30 inch tire and no rub
Unread 11-17-2013, 11:52 AM   #500
cbarnes
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommudd
How high are you sitting middle of the wheel to bottom of the flare, with a Daystar lift and weak sagged springs that will be a lot different than a full spring lift, With a daystar should of stayed with a 30 inch tire and no rub

I thought about doing a full spring lift but it was abit out of my price range. I'll have to measure the flare to Center rim distance and get back to you. I like the daystar lift so far. All I need are different rear shocks and it will be a good lift(in my opinion)
Unread 11-18-2013, 07:12 AM   #501
streetglideok
2005 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbarnes View Post
I thought about doing a full spring lift but it was abit out of my price range. I'll have to measure the flare to Center rim distance and get back to you. I like the daystar lift so far. All I need are different rear shocks and it will be a good lift(in my opinion)
Not to beat a dead horse, but how much did the daystar lift cost? Did you replace the shocks in front and back when you did it? Now what if I told you, that comparing apples to apples, meaning no shocks, front and rear, you could have done springs for $265 or so plus shipping? Just saying. Either way it looks nice, I'll have to watch the rubbing on mine and beat the pinch weld.
streetglideok is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-18-2013, 07:26 AM   #502
cbarnes
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetglideok
Not to beat a dead horse, but how much did the daystar lift cost? Did you replace the shocks in front and back when you did it? Now what if I told you, that comparing apples to apples, meaning no shocks, front and rear, you could have done springs for $265 or so plus shipping? Just saying. Either way it looks nice, I'll have to watch the rubbing on mine and beat the pinch weld.

The lift cost 179 from our supplier in town. They had one in stock. The struts were new when I bought the liberty and rear shocks won't cost anything cause I work for a dodge dealer so I'll grab wrangler shocks when I lift a vehicle next.
Unread 11-18-2013, 07:33 AM   #503
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

At least throw in some Teraflex front bumpstops, they will help keep the UCAs from destroying themselves for a little while
Unread 02-02-2014, 12:40 PM   #504
grogie
M-F: Cell Block #4533

2006 TJ Wrangler 

1) I was starting to hit my head on the rear window when I'd open it. So I replaced the rear window lifts with new Mopar ones. Wow! Now the rear window pops open with some force!

2) I also need to replace the front hood lifts. I bought some aftermarket ones on Ebay, but they don't fit on one end! I should of figured so I need to find Mopar originals.

3) I have an off-road trailer for my TJ that has it's own brakes and 7-way wiring. I went ahead and installed a Mopar 7-way wiring harness so that I can also two the trailer with my Liberty. It took me about an hour or so, plus a trip to a Lowes to obtain a T45 bit to unscrew the right rear seat belt bolts. The harness hooked right in behind the right rear paneling.

Upon looking under the front dash, it looks like there is also a brake controller plugin, but I probably won't go as far as hooking up a brake controller. This harness was to get the trailer lights to work with the Liberty. It's more important with my TJ for the trailer to have it's own brakes. (Link to my trailer is below in my signature.)

Red Jeep Club #345
2006 TJ Sport
2004 KJ Limited
2013 Off-Road Trailer

grogie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-02-2014, 01:25 PM   #505
02blue
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grogie View Post
1) I was starting to hit my head on the rear window when I'd open it. So I replaced the rear window lifts with new Mopar ones. Wow! Now the rear window pops open with some force!
I did the back window lifts a while back and actually put one of the old ones back on. Only one was really shot. Now it opens fine and stays up but doesn't fly open to fast.
Unread 02-05-2014, 03:35 PM   #506
red2black00
2000 WJ 

Painted the girlfriends inserts in her grille on her new renigade!

image-1183984188.jpg
red2black00 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2014, 03:44 PM   #507
adamson904
2006 KJ Liberty 

Installed a hitch/receiver on today! Does rub on the muffler though and makes loud annoying sound. Going to have to figure out a way to fix it.
image-1170914224.jpg

image-2739518081.jpg

image-1878520582.jpg

adamson904 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2014, 03:53 PM   #508
Leeann_KJ
2005 KJ Liberty 

My hitch doesn't quite fit like that….I have a Draw-Tite Pro Series:

Leeann_KJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-07-2014, 04:09 PM   #509
Zaskar24
2005 KJ Liberty 

adamson904 what hitch receiver did you buy? I am looking at one and have not decided which to get yet. I would prefer to avoid issues so want to know which ones not to get.

On a side note, I added an AntennaX 14" antenna today to replace the bent OEM one. I also had the oil changed and tires rotated. I do need new shocks and struts so am seriously thinking of lifting it and get it all over with at one time. Why do I find stuff that is so expensive to use?
Unread 02-07-2014, 06:03 PM   #510
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamson904 View Post
Installed a hitch/receiver on today! Does rub on the muffler though and makes loud annoying sound. Going to have to figure out a way to fix it.
Not the stock exhaust pipe that is why it is rubbing like that

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.