What weight oil ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > What weight oil ?

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 06-12-2013, 05:39 PM   #1
john1969
2003 KJ Liberty 

What weight oil ?

2003 KJ liberty 127,000. 10/30 OK for summer? What about all year? Thanks!

john1969 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2013, 08:38 PM   #2
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Well since your in PA 10w-30 is okay for the summer time but 5w-30 will be needed in the winter months or anytime the temps drop below 40-45 degrees for long periods.
Unread 06-14-2013, 04:58 PM   #3
DaveJKJ
2005 KJ Liberty 

^^Yeah, what tjkj says is what my owners manual says for my 05MY.

Personally, I just run 5w30 weight oil all year.
War Veterans Jeep Group #31
Black Jeep Society #217
DaveJKJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-14-2013, 05:51 PM   #4
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveJKJ View Post
^^Yeah, what tjkj says is what my owners manual says for my 05MY.

Personally, I just run 5w30 weight oil all year.
Same here, have since it was new with no issues
Unread 06-17-2013, 09:25 PM   #5
kjrenegade03
2003 KJ Liberty 

5w30 here as well, all year.
kjrenegade03 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2013, 06:25 AM   #6
jedi105
2005 KJ Liberty 

I believe the oil cap on the engine says what weight oil should be used normally. I'm just saying because to me, my user manual is somewhere in purgatory. This is the one thing I dont like about the Jeeps in general. The storage room in a jeep is pathetic. The glove box probably couldnt even hold a glove. I know my registration and insurance card are too big for it so they have to be folded. Seriously, I understand that Jeeps are proud of their minimalist interiors and I like them too, but they couldnt make the glove box 2 inches deeper? Or those pockets in the back. What do you hold in them? The owners manual might fit in there but then that really makes it useless for anything else. Wrangler owners have the option to place saddle bags on the roll bars and you can mount a fire extinguisher right to the roll bar as well. When offroading, I'm supposed to have a fire extinguisher, shovel and other sorts of safety or rescue gear in the car so they get tossed in the back and bounce all around. Or I could pay stupid money for a roof basket and hope the net holds things in place. Actually, I would love a roof basket but I'm not willing to pay 300$ for the cheapo models. I'm sure the grand cherokees have more storage space but my Liberty is just so darn limited. I love my Liberty and I know they kind of attempted to address the issue starting with the 08 model, but sometimes too little is just that, too little.
jedi105 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-20-2013, 06:50 AM   #7
tommudd
2004 KJ Liberty 

You do realize that they made a slot for the owners manual above the glove box right?? Plus the glove box is not any smaller than any other vehicle out there today really. They don't make them to keep all of your extra clothes in .
Unread 06-20-2013, 09:40 PM   #8
kjrenegade03
2003 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommudd View Post
Plus the glove box is not any smaller than any other vehicle out there today really.
What u talkn bout willis? The glove box is the size of a altoids can! Nothing fits in there without it blocking the latch. My suzuki aerio has twice the room. Just saying.
Unread 06-21-2013, 07:46 AM   #9
streetglideok
2005 KJ Liberty 

There is a slot on the top of the glovebox for the owners manual, then room below that for insurance and registration. What else do you really need in it? Tow strap, tire chains, tire inflation device, first aid kit go in the back, and comms somewhere up front.
streetglideok is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-21-2013, 07:36 PM   #10
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjrenegade03 View Post
What u talkn bout willis? The glove box is the size of a altoids can! Nothing fits in there without it blocking the latch. My suzuki aerio has twice the room. Just saying.

I'm sure I still have room for the kitchen sink somewhere,got 2 ATV storage boxes on the roof rack also.

Unread 06-21-2013, 11:18 PM   #11
kjrenegade03
2003 KJ Liberty 

Thats one big glove box!

C'mon, admit it, not even the stuff in the bottom drawer of the tool box could fit in the glove box with registration and insurance stuff
Unread 06-22-2013, 08:04 AM   #12
streetglideok
2005 KJ Liberty 

Heck my tool box won't fit in my jeep. It probably weighs almost as much as the jeep.
streetglideok is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2013, 11:57 AM   #13
DaveJKJ
2005 KJ Liberty 

The glove box is small really but actually big enough for me. In mine I have a cell phone charger, 12v double socket adapter, box of spare fuses, a travel Kleenex pack, and a small fold up umbrella (the GF's) and it is stuffed. The slot above the glovebox has my manual in it. It is what it is, and I will not complain about it. I didn't buy the jeep for the size of the glovebox. But even if it was bigger I wouldn't need to put anything else in it anyway.

My back is stuffed with tools, off-road gear, air compressor, roll-away jack cause the OEM one won't lift the jeep up high enough off the ground any more, and other stuff. But still, if I go to the store and get a bag of groceries I have to put it behind the passenger seat cause it won't fit in the back. The back is too small.....LOL

Ok, back to gloveboxes or oil or whatever it started out as......LOL
War Veterans Jeep Group #31
Black Jeep Society #217
DaveJKJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-22-2013, 07:36 PM   #14
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjrenegade03 View Post
Thats one big glove box!

C'mon, admit it, not even the stuff in the bottom drawer of the tool box could fit in the glove box with registration and insurance stuff
All the stuff in the bottom drawer would fit no problems.I don't know about your state but my registration card and insurance card is no bigger then a credit card. and take up no room at all.

Right now I have 25' of 1/4" airhose and 3 pairs of gloves in my glovebox,closes just fine.
Unread 06-23-2013, 12:30 AM   #15
kjrenegade03
2003 KJ Liberty 

Ya my stupid registration is a full sheet of paper with a 1/3 fold in it. It is very stiff heavy paper so it doesnt fold well. When you try to put it in the glove box it always cover the latch and you can close it without hold it down. Frustrating to no end!

I wish the box was at least 1-2 inches deeper, i need to fit that damn paper in there!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.