What is this hose/part? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > What is this hose/part?

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE Artec JK Under Armor Bellypan

Unread 06-09-2013, 08:45 PM   #1
AquaToe
2003 KJ Liberty 

What is this hose/part?

Hey everybody. New to Liberty owning and the forums here (awesome site!). I was checking over the hoses, fluids and general engine condition today and found a few cracks in both ends of the valve cover breather hose(? - Refrence). Wondering if anybody could tell me which direction the 3" plastic piece inline with the hose should go (there's an arrow on the side and I am thinking its supposed to vent FROM the valve cover but not sure) and further, what that plastic piece is? Thanks! Got a couple of pics too just for verification.

photo.jpg   pic1.jpg  
AquaToe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-09-2013, 09:27 PM   #2
streetglideok
Web Wheeler
2005 KJ Liberty 

It should draw air from the air intake resonator box to your valve cover. That's the direction of flow at least. It's for the pcv system, and if not ran right, or hooked up right, it'll start pumping oil right into your throttle body.
streetglideok is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-10-2013, 09:03 AM   #3
TwoBobsKJ
2003 KJ Liberty 

That hose and one on the other side tend to crack and split and give you vacuum leak faults. They both connect to fittings on the back of the cylinder head - I can't remember if they are 3/8" or 1/2" ID hoses but I replaced both when I swapped engines recently.

Dealer can supply them pre-bent or get a length of hose from NAPA or other auto parts store and it will work as well.

Bob
- 3.7L, 42RLE, 4.10's, 4X Guard Trans skid, Factory Engine, T-case, Tank skids, Modded BoulderBars sliders, OME 927/948, Bilsteins, JBA A-Arms & 1/4" top plate, 1 extra rear iso/side, Moabs with Firestone Destination AT's 255/70-16
TwoBobsKJ is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.