-   KJ Liberty Forum (
-   -   What is this hose/part? (

AquaToe 06-09-2013 09:45 PM

What is this hose/part?
2 Attachment(s)
Hey everybody. New to Liberty owning and the forums here (awesome site!:2thumbsup:). I was checking over the hoses, fluids and general engine condition today and found a few cracks in both ends of the valve cover breather hose(? - Refrence). Wondering if anybody could tell me which direction the 3" plastic piece inline with the hose should go (there's an arrow on the side and I am thinking its supposed to vent FROM the valve cover but not sure) and further, what that plastic piece is? Thanks! Got a couple of pics too just for verification.

streetglideok 06-09-2013 10:27 PM

It should draw air from the air intake resonator box to your valve cover. That's the direction of flow at least. It's for the pcv system, and if not ran right, or hooked up right, it'll start pumping oil right into your throttle body.

TwoBobsKJ 06-10-2013 10:03 AM

That hose and one on the other side tend to crack and split and give you vacuum leak faults. They both connect to fittings on the back of the cylinder head - I can't remember if they are 3/8" or 1/2" ID hoses but I replaced both when I swapped engines recently.

Dealer can supply them pre-bent or get a length of hose from NAPA or other auto parts store and it will work as well.


The time now is 11:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.