Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

What did you do to your KJ/KK today?

4K views 43 replies 34 participants last post by  04KJlimited 
#1 ·
Similar to the on-going threads in the TJ & YJ forums -- What did you do to your KJ/KK today?

I replaced the serpentine belt, scrubbed the wheels with Simple Green, and then bleached the white letters on the grabbers.

#5 ·
i yanked one out of the mud the other day...the sad thing was it didn't make it to the deep stuff...with street terrains :cheers2:

#10 ·
Just getting use to mine being a DD now. My wife needed more room to haul teaching material/kids so the simple way was to give her the Wrangler 4dr and I keep the KJ with 4:10's. Lordy this thing moves fast compaired to the Wrangler. Sad to see the CJ sitting now though.

Bought the shop manual and getting ready to make some changes already.

#11 ·
Mobile 1 Oil Change

I just got my KK about 3 weeks ago. Today at 965 miles, I changed the oil to synthetic Mobile 1. I hope to keep this vehicle for a while, so I hope this was a smart thing to do. I wanted to get through about 1000 miles, let the engine break-in a bit and then convert.

Any thoughts if this is a good thing?

#14 ·
Took (1) sledge hammer and proceeded to pound (1) tranny skid to smithereens to eliminate a rather large bend obtained a couple weeks back during AZLOST FITS IV. Outcome: (1) straightened skid plate, reinstalled and (1) sore back. Fun! :thumbsup:

#17 ·
Replaced the front brake rotors and pads -- everything was still under warranty at Autozone. I've gone through 3 sets of rotors and 3 sets of pads in the life of the KJ and have only actually paid for them once -- all the rest were warranty returns.

#18 ·
Had my KK for exactly 1 week now.. dropped it off yesterday to the dealer and picking it up today from getting the factory tow package added to it and getting carpets stain guarded(seats came stain guarded from factory)

#21 ·
60k service today....
CB install tomorrow with uniden CB and 4ft firestik....oh and I got a new Warn hitch shackle.....it's pretty damn rugged too it weighs something like 13lbs. It's one solid cast piece...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.