What coolant to use in my 2004 liberty - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > What coolant to use in my 2004 liberty

Steinjager TJ tube doorsJK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!JK Rear Adjustable Control Arms!

Unread 04-19-2009, 02:38 PM   #1
dac122

What coolant to use in my 2004 liberty

My coolant color is yellowish-orange, so I am guessing I need to use the long life coolants akin to the Dex Cool family. Is this correct?

Yes, I've read the concerns about Dex Cool itself, but I just want to be sure that's the type of coolant to use, instead of the conventional green coolant.

Thanks

dac122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-19-2009, 04:17 PM   #2
mliers

I use Valvoline Zerex G-05. Ethylene glycol based coolant w/ HOAT. Takes 14 quarts. If you are flushing the coolant out completely you can use the green stuff, but the zerex is what is originally used.
mliers is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.