Went to look at a KJ today - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Went to look at a KJ today

The Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Rough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 07-23-2011, 08:52 PM   #1
Jeeperto

Went to look at a KJ today

So I've been looking for Jeeps. Primarily TJ's, but am starting to think a KJ is better for me at this point due to my commute of 80 round trip miles 4 times a week. I've always loved the Kj's anyway.

So I find an 03 online for $7880 at a local dealership. With 74k miles that's a good price compared to others I've seen. So, I go down to see it and I love it. We have it running and I'm checking it out inside, underneath, under the hood, etc.. Before I even get to drive it the guy says "you know theres a $1395 prep fee right?". I'm like, "really, you might as well shut it down then", and I start walking away. He tells me to hold on that he can probably work on that for me and insists we go for a spin. So I do. I love it even more now. It' a Renegade with all the goodies and a moon roof. We get back, he goes to talk to his boss and comes back to me and says he can get the prep fee down to $895. Are you KIDDING me! I'm going to give it a day or so and see if he calls me. If we can get that fee GONE I'll probably become the proud owner of my first Jeep.

Jeeperto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2011, 09:09 PM   #2
DallastheJeeper

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Have you haggled the price yet?
|____________________/||__/----|
|(@)(@)"""""""""""|(@) (@)***|(@)

#5-06 Salvage Rebuild LJ
Metalcloak Bumper, Overline fenders and Corner guards.
3.5" Sus Lift
1'' Body lift and engine lift

#4-98 TJ Sahara RIP :(
#3-42 GPW Project. Currently on hold Sand blasted the body and it was held together by screen and bondo so new Tub needed
#2-88 Comanche Currently getting a frame off rebuild and a 4bt.
#1-1994 Power Wheels Wrangler
DallastheJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2011, 09:52 PM   #3
Jeeperto

No, haven't haggled. Do you think that after him laying that prep fee BS on me that he's willing to haggle? I suppose it's worth a shot. If nothing else he'll at least get my point about the fee.

I'd really like to have this Jeep. It really doesn't need anything except maybe a lift and some bigger wheels.
Unread 07-29-2011, 08:37 PM   #4
pdenning2011

You stated that you travel 80+ miles 4 times per week, are you sure you want a lift and bigger tires? This will cause more wear on transmission and lower mpg? I would offer him 6k without any fees and see where he meets you!
pdenning2011 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2011, 09:07 AM   #5
Jeeperto

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdenning2011 View Post
You stated that you travel 80+ miles 4 times per week, are you sure you want a lift and bigger tires? This will cause more wear on transmission and lower mpg? I would offer him 6k without any fees and see where he meets you!
Yeah, but with proper re-gearing wouldn't it balance out a bit? I know the mpgs will suffer some, but the PT Cruiser I'm driving now only gets about 20mpg. So if I go down to 17 or so, it won't be too much of a loss.

I may go out to that dealer again today. I'm in no rush at this point. I may end up just waiting to get something newer.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.