Washer Fluid & Rear Wiper not working - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Washer Fluid & Rear Wiper not working

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 01-01-2009, 08:12 AM   #1
Glenwood1991
2007 KJ Liberty 

Washer Fluid & Rear Wiper not working

2007 Jeep Liberty - Rear wiper and washer does not work. The fuse for the rear wiper is good. Is there something else I should be checking?

Glenwood1991 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2009, 08:31 AM   #2
jeeprscreeprs04
2004 KJ Liberty 

My 04 just quit working one day out of the blue too. I have no idea but am curious as to what it could be.
jeeprscreeprs04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-01-2009, 05:36 PM   #3
STSMWR
2003 KJ Liberty 

My rear wiper doesn't work either (03 Liberty) and I paid $85 for an estimate of $385 to replace the rear wiper motor. I can live without it.
STSMWR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2011, 03:01 PM   #4
craigarbo

Any updates?

My jeep has the exact same problem. Has anyone found a solution for this?
craigarbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2011, 02:48 AM   #5
Billwill
2002 KJ Liberty 

Does the washer motor make a noise when you operate the switch to clean the rear window?
The washer container has the washer motor inbedded in it, the motor rotates in one direction to direct water to the front screen if you are trying to clean the front and the motor runs in the opposite direction to clean the back...a system of valves directs the water to the correct area.
If the washer motor is dead and the rear wiper does not attempt to move when attempting to wash the rear window...I would suspect that the wiper stalk switch is faulty. I will look at my 2002 circuit diagram...should be close enough to the 2007 model....and see if I can think of anything else!
Billwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2011, 07:14 AM   #6
craigarbo

Washer Fluid & Rear Wiper not working

The rear wiper makes no noise at all. The fronts work fine except for when I pull the wiper arm toward myself, no fluid sprays and the wipers don't turn on either. This has got me really confused. I shot the wires back to the rear wiper and it seems to be getting power - 12V.
Unread 05-26-2011, 11:35 AM   #7
Billwill
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigarbo View Post
The rear wiper makes no noise at all. The fronts work fine except for when I pull the wiper arm toward myself, no fluid sprays and the wipers don't turn on either. This has got me really confused. I shot the wires back to the rear wiper and it seems to be getting power - 12V.
What year model is your KJ?
Does the spray work on either front or back or not at all?

Edit to add: For multiple wiper/washer problems I would suspect first the Multifunction Switch on top of the steering column and then a problem in the BCM which drives most of the wiper functions! Obvioulsly check all fuses and swap over/replace the wiper relays.
Billwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2011, 10:46 AM   #8
craigarbo

Neither the front or the rear work. The Jeep is a 2005 Liberty.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.