Wanting to install remote start 06 Jeep Liberty Limited - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Wanting to install remote start 06 Jeep Liberty Limited

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 05-20-2012, 06:14 PM   #1
ReddzLiberty
2006 KK Liberty 

Wanting to install remote start 06 Jeep Liberty Limited

Would like to get a remote starter system installed in my Liberty, but the owners manual says that some system on the truck isn't compatible with these systems. Has anyone had a remote starter installed and what were the results....trouble or not?

ReddzLiberty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2012, 08:11 AM   #2
Lafever25

I have an 02'.... One of my first mods on the jeep was a remote start/ alarm. Everything hooked right up and it started with the first push of the button.. Only thing I wasn't able to hook up was factory horn chirp, or to get the factory horn to go off simultaneously with alarm siren... There was no security features to bypass so I was ok, the 06' maybe a little different but they have new sweet modules now that don't require you to lose a key. I purchased one but didn't need it.
Lafever25 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2012, 09:17 AM   #3
chachums
2004 KJ Liberty 

got an 04 liberty here, prev owner had a viper security system, took it out, but i still have a remote starter (hit lock twice) so i mean somehow it works in there? idk how it works or what kind of starter it is though, sorry for being so vague
chachums is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.