Tweeter Speaker (pics) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Tweeter Speaker (pics)

Baseline 4x4 Lifetime Warranty 4340 Chromoly Axle Shaft KiClayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank Skid

Unread 12-31-2013, 04:17 PM   #1
02jeepliberty

Tweeter Speaker (pics)

I'm replacing my tweeter speakers because they sound horrible. I bought a pair of power bass tweeters that are "direct OEM drop ins". Well, I went to replace them and the magnet on the bottom hits a metal mounting bracket (my guess is, it's to the airbag assembly??) but anyways, it doesn't fit and I don't know what to do as far as making it fit...what are your suggestions? However the same speaker, fits on the drivers side. Pictures:

image-548018176.jpg

image-3834800782.jpg

02jeepliberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2013, 04:38 PM   #2
MikeHoncho88
2013 JK Wrangler 

Fab up a little spacer to get it to clear the bracket? Or maybe just some washers in between the screws? How much space are we talking here? All else fails you can just relocate the tweeters to a better location.
MikeHoncho88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2013, 05:33 PM   #3
02jeepliberty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeHoncho88
Fab up a little spacer to get it to clear the bracket? Or maybe just some washers in between the screws? How much space are we talking here? All else fails you can just relocate the tweeters to a better location.
it would take a lot of washers haha. Where else would you put the tweeter?
Unread 12-31-2013, 05:38 PM   #4
profdlp
2007 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02jeepliberty View Post
it would take a lot of washers...
Get a piece of metal tubing long enough to fill the gap and run the screw down the hollow center.
profdlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2013, 05:52 PM   #5
02jeepliberty

Quote:
Originally Posted by profdlp
Get a piece of metal tubing long enough to fill the gap and run the screw down the hollow center.
Their is no gap, I need more space because the speaker won't fit in the dash due to the size of the magnet.
Unread 12-31-2013, 06:01 PM   #6
MikeHoncho88
2013 JK Wrangler 

Not real familiar with the interior layout of the liberty. If you relocate, you want them both aimed at the drivers head if possible.

I've seen lots of write ups where PVC pipe is used as a spacer between the factory location and the new speaker. Also maybe check out ebay or crutchfield to see if anyone makes tweeter relocation kits.

But if you are going to all this trouble, you may want to run full components, amps, etc. just send the supposed "drop in" replacements back to whoever sold them to you.
MikeHoncho88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-05-2014, 10:35 AM   #7
jdgrip
2004 KJ Liberty 

I would say the "direct OEM drop ins" are not the case and return to manufacturer.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.