transmission dipstick - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > transmission dipstick

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-11-2013, 06:05 PM   #1
14psd

transmission dipstick

I have an '05 CRD kj. The transmission dipstick keeps coming out about an inch to two inches while driving. It is driving me nuts is there a fix?

14psd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 06:52 PM   #2
95BadBoy
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Mine does that too. Maybe not as far out as yours though.

I kinda watch it from time to time, seams to work its way up about an inch.

Generally just check it and push it down during fuel fills. Have read of some owners
pinching the top of the dip stick tube a bit to hold it in a bit better. Haven't got too excited
about trying that myself.

FS or FT (2) JK Rubi 17" Moab Rims - really nice shape
Need JK Rear Spare tire bracket for project
95BadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2013, 09:21 PM   #3
oilbuner

2006 KJ Liberty 

This has happened to me also. After talking to a number of transmission shops I finely found this to be an answer that made sense to me and took care of the this problem for me so far.. The breathing tube on the top front drivers side of the transmission has a small plastic air valve that allows it to breath. . It can get stuck open or closed. Its on a small hose about 2" long and you might need a mirror and flashlight to find it, and small hands to remove it and clean it. Mine was stuck in the closed position. I think this makes the dipstick pop up. If it stays stuck in the open position you could get water or dust and dirt in their as well. I removed the small hose and re-routed it to the engine compartment where I can keep an eye on it. I have not had the dip tube pop up since. Oilburner
Unread 07-11-2013, 09:36 PM   #4
14psd

Thanks oilburner I will look
14psd is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.