Transmission cooler lines - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Transmission cooler lines

LOCKERS!!!! - ARB, Auburn, Detroit, Eaton, OX, Spartan, YuRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all ECGS Black Friday Sale!!

Unread 01-27-2006, 01:41 PM   #1
Blue56

Transmission cooler lines

Anyone know what size the transmission cooler lines are on a 02 3.7. They come in on the passengers side of the radiator. Two fittings and rubber hoses connect to the lines coming forward from the transmission. I was wondering about the fitting size and / or the hose ID. Thanks.

Blue56 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-27-2006, 03:02 PM   #2
swyszomirski

Take a look in the spec. part of the manual, could be there.

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/798121
swyszomirski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2006, 09:48 AM   #3
Ralphh

Having just installed a trans cooler myself last week, On a '02 liberty with a 3.7. I can tell you the size of the tubing 3/8 O.D. You can buy trans cooler hose at the parts store just for trans cooler lines in this size, will easily slide over tubing on raditior and on the cooler itself.(it's cheap) The trans cooler line you want to use is the bottom one out of the raditior, that should go to the new cooler (top fitting if mounting horzonialy) and then take the bottom fitting from new cooler and run some hose and couple it back into the bottom hose the stock cooler was connected to. So, what I did was, use the stock cooler, and then run the slightly cooled trans fluid through the air cooled trans cooler to get even more cooling of the fluid. this is probably the best method to plumb one of these up. After you get this done, check your trans fluid level, I had to add about 1 1/2 pints of fluid to get it up to proper lever on the dipstick, I guess the cooler adds a little fluid capacity to the trans.
Ralphh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-31-2006, 11:27 AM   #4
Blue56

Thanks for the reply. I was also thinking of adding a second trans filter and sensor for a trans temp guage. Hence the size question. I was wondering what size hose barbs to get for the filter mount.
Unread 01-31-2006, 12:30 PM   #5
Ralphh

The barbed hose coupling I used was 3/8" Which works perfect with the hose I bought, as it's marked, "Goodyear transmission cooler hose 3/8" So, I'm assuming that the barbed coupling is 3/8" O.D. and the hose is 3/8" I.D. Anyway, it worked out very well, no leaks, or real problems installing the cooler,
Ralphh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-01-2006, 10:48 AM   #6
Blue56

Thanks! That will help a bunch!
Unread 02-17-2013, 03:20 PM   #7
cowboyjack

Quick question about the cooler lines. On my wife's 05 liberty one of the cooler lines is leaking by the radiator. it is leaking where the metal line meets the rubber line. There is a gap between the the two and when compared to the other line the other line does not have the gap. is there an o ring that came out or broke that caused the leak? is this a dealer only part?
cowboyjack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2013, 09:45 AM   #8
oldfamilyguy

look in the wk forum and you will find the easy cheap repair for this common failure
oldfamilyguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-19-2013, 10:05 AM   #9
oldfamilyguy

Here you go

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f67/2...-leak-1162149/
Unread 02-19-2013, 05:47 PM   #10
cowboyjack

Thanks!
cowboyjack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-29-2013, 10:25 AM   #11
oldfamilyguy

So same or similar? That gonna work for you? Hope so, pretty cheap and simple compared to replacing the whole thing.
Unread 01-21-2014, 03:48 PM   #12
bbgg44

I have a 2005 jeep liberty sport and the transmission line got a gap and separating between the metal line and the rubber line and I just worry can the metal line pop out of the rubber line one day? but they not leaking. all my years I never saw anything like it on transmission lines. has anyone had this problem? or any problem of metal line popping out of the rubber line. HELP.
bbgg44 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.