Tranny dispstick measurements ? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Liberty Forums > KJ Liberty Forum > Tranny dispstick measurements ?

Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDG

Unread 10-14-2010, 07:36 PM   #1
revogdl
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Tranny dispstick measurements ?

Hi there,

This kind of embarrasing, but here it goes ...

I have a liberty 07, and do not have a tranny dipstick, Can someone with a liberty that has a trany dipstick be kind enough to measure it and post the measurements ?

I changed the oil, and made the mistake of not measuring the oil before draining it, a very large amount of oil came out, plenty went to the floor, so i was unable to measure it

added 4Q and the transmission wouldn't engage drive consistently
added a 5th Q and now it worked fine

measured the oil with the engine dipstick, I had 30mm from the bottom of the pan

driving it hard sometimes the tranny would seem to be in neutral , ok, so
I added a 6th quarter, the engine dip stick STILL measures 30 mm from the bottom of the pan

all measurements taken at ambient temp, about 80F
measured when hot after 30 min drive and it was only 35 mm , iwas expecting say 50mm to 70mm

So Seems to be not even at minimum oil level yet ....

I'm comparing this measurements to the graph for the graduated tool that is supposed to be used along with the scanner that gets the oil temp, it indicates 30mm at 80F , but goes up quickly as temp increases, and I can not understand why it did not go higher after adding a 6th quarter of oil

so to anyone that may share the measurement of the tranny dipstick

thanks in advance!

revogdl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2010, 09:22 AM   #2
xxxracing
2002 KJ Liberty 

I have a 2002...

I can tell yu that on my jeep, if the car is not 100% leveled, the reading on the dipstick change a lot.

I had to extract oil after tranny service because I've putted too much.

But my tranny is 45rfe, and you probably have the 42RLE, so it could be different.
xxxracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-15-2010, 12:28 PM   #3
revogdl
1998 XJ Cherokee 

Thanks! Anyone else?
Unread 10-22-2010, 11:46 AM   #4
revogdl
1998 XJ Cherokee 

got the dipstick for a 2006 kj

and yes I was still missing some oil

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.